Is there any point in this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any point in this board?

I want to be clear, i'm not just saying this because i'm looking to let off steam, but this board is going to be a very bad advert for Actinic EPOS if there isn't a greater contribution from Actinic themselves. I genuinely believe that this system will be good for us in the long run, and I completely trust Actinic to get things right.

So - is this the correct forum to raise problems with the EPOS system? - i.e barcodes not working etc. I can see that you would only really want to offer advice on best practice to folk who are paying for support (although thats not how the other boards seem to work), but when it comes to something that is patently not working, i'm assuming that would be outside of your support remit, and you should therefore be able to advise.

I know I sound really grumpy about this (I am abit), but I need to know how I get my investment to work as it should. Do I post here, do I email Actinic, or do I phone Gary on his mobile?

happy to discuss this by pm or phone.

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

I agree, well said!

Phone a friend, he/she may help you.
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Comment

I see what you are saying.

The community is sponsored by Actinic as place where users can help each other. However, I think it's fair to say that due to the recent introduction of EPOS, the current "self-help" group is too small to ensure prompt responses.

If you need a prompt response from Actinic, you are much better of contacting support via email.

I have asked one of my colleagues to look into this and will report back Monday.

Comment

Thanks Chris - I guess its just abit confusing for me in particular as i'm used to using the other boards where there is a larger user group, and a precedent has been set for regular contributions from Actinic (esp when no users reply to a problem).

Comment

Great !

At least until the software problems are solved and EPOS is running fine.

Nice one!
          Ciao
          actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
          ;-]

Comment

a precedent has been set for regular contributions from Actinic (esp when no users reply to a problem)
            Understood - although we only generally add a response in the main forums if a question has gone unanswered for two working days. We haven't been letting threads in this forum go unanswered for that long.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              Understood - although we only generally add a response in the main forums if a question has gone unanswered for two working days. We haven't been letting threads in this forum go unanswered for that long.
              Not quite true (as a quick scroll down shows). I do appreciate that Actinic are addressing the criticisms levelled at them though.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                If you need a prompt response from Actinic, you are much better of contacting support via email.
                Chris, I have stopped posting new problems here now in favour of emailing support. However, there are several threads on this board that have either gone unanswered, or have had responses that did not solve the issue - should these all be re-directed to support as well?

Nick

(PS - this message should be read with a 'please, I just want to get my EPOS working' tone, as opposed to the smug, 'aren't I clever' tone in which I think it may sound.)

Comment

Hi Nick

If you require answers to any questions here, I suggest you re-ask the questions via email.

Sorry this board has not fulfilled your expectations - it's just tricky when the regular Actinic contributors (i.e. Nadeem, Krithika, Bruce and myself) don't know a huge amount about Actinic EPOS. We have a dedicated EPOS support team, but they concentrate on telephone and email support, and going out on installations, so they do not monitor this board regularly. Hopefully, it will not be long before enough people are using Actinic EPOS that you guys will be able to help and support each other. Until then, we'll do our best to help you here.

Comment

Working...
                  X