Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOS 2.73 to v8.5 Qualms

Hi all,

Please be patient with me as this is my first post ever!!! i have been using Actinic EPOS 2.73/ Business 8.5 with the link enabled for about 2 months now, all is working well except that when it come to adding pictures to your products, things start to go well, a little bit funny. Let me explain!

- When making ANY modifications to the Online Store with the EPOS Link Server enabled, I get a delay of about 10-15 seconds before the software will respond, its only using 20-30% CPU time at most, and not chugging lots of memory either. I find stopping the server while I edit the site etc is neccessary to get proper performance from the software.

- When you export a product from EPOS 2.73, the product file doesn't retain the full pathname to any pictures. Therefore when importing/ updating catalog, you get lines reporting errors RE: image names. (it also generates default name of "0" which causes issues, removing the mapping to image filenames when importing solves this one) Is there a workaround to allow EPOS to remember the full pathname of the image, and actually put it in place in v8.5? I've had no success with this yet.

- The reason for me wanting to input image filenames in EPOS, is mainly due to the performance issue mentioned above.

Hope anyone can shine any light onto this.

PC System Spec is:

AMD 64 3400
    512mb RAM (Will be upgrading soon, is this the main problem? i know v8.5 requires a min. of 512mb)
    160Gb HD

Win XP Pro SP2

Many thanks,
    Ben Shirley
    Ben Shirley
    www.littlesomething.co.uk

located in Devon

Just Realised Something...

Could it be some of the "0" filenames are remnants from the old database?

I also realise I could move all my supplier images to the Actinic\sites\site1 folder, however i have about 7000 images organised in folders on my HD, C:\Supplier Images\(Supplier Name)\(Large\Thumb)

I will eventually have around 2000 lines on my product file, i have done about 20% so far, but only about half of them have been married up with pictures...

I also thought the following might be useful... I am running both EPOS and v8.5 on the same machine.

Thanks
    Ben Shirley

located in Devon

Comment

Hi there

Are you using the full path for the image filename? If the image is stored in the site1 folder as you suggested above, then you can just use the image filename as Ecomerce looks in the site1 folder by default.

For the image to exported across to Ecomerce and for the path to be valid, you can do the same in Epos, just use the image filename rather than the full path.

Hope that helps
      ________

Comment

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks, I thought it'd work like that (am doing so now).
        Any ideas on the performance issues?

Thanks again,
        Ben
        Ben Shirley

located in Devon

Comment

Hi Ben

512mb RAM is the minimum system requirement for Actinic 8.5, and Epos, so if you are planning on upgrading this anyway, that should hopefully make some difference to the performance.

How big is your actiniccatalog.mdb file found in c:\program files\actinic v8\sites\site1?
          ________

Comment

Working...
          X