Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson TM-T88IV

Tracy,

i have a problem with my Epson TM-T88IV printer. i can not print from POS application. when i want to print i get the below message:

CprinterOPOS::Open() failed! Can not open: TM88II OpenExitCode: 0

but i didnt install any TM88II, why is it appearing? and where to go to remove this printer and add TM88IV instead?

You need to configure your devices in OPOS. Go to OPOS in your program list and run 'setup opos', select your devices in the lists ie Printer/Cash drawer/ Pole display. For genuine Epson peripherals you should be able to find the model numbers in the drop downs. Once selected use the 'Health Check' to test your configuration settings are ok.

Make sure you use "unit1" (without the quotes) for the LDN or Epos won't be able to 'see' them.
    Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Tracy,
      i assume you are refering to Tracy from Actinic support - this is the forum NOT Actinic support you need to contact support via the Actinic website.

Comment

Hi,

I have done what you suggested but still i get the same error.
        please find attched file which contains some screenshots of the error messages.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK,

You need to confirm that you setup OPOS correctly. It still sounds like your printer is still not configured correctly and OPOS is trying to use the defaults from the Actinic batch file. Check out the screenshot below:

opos setup.doc

Your system should obviously show all your devices listed with the correct model numbers, notice the LDN (logical device name) is shown as unit1 as mentioned previously.

If this is incorrect you need to remove the wrong devices using the 'X' button, and run the new device wizard using the button on the far left of the task bar as shown. Note that you will need to specify the correct port which the printer is attached to on your system, you can also enter the LDN during the wizard.

Once you have completed this, go to the tools option and run the heathcheck for the selected device. this will return either a successful or failed error message, if the healthcheck option is 'greyed out' you may need to change the port setting if you are not sure of your connection and try again.

The till will not be able to communicate with your devices until they are configured correctly and pass the health check.

Note: In the version of OPOS which shipped with Epos, my peripherals were not listed and I've just looked for yours which is not listed either, only up to the TMT88iii series.
          There is a service pack available from http://www.epsonexpert.com/
          but you need to register (for free) to obtain access.

However I've also found them here (OPOS 250 & SP10):
          http://www.posretailsolutions.com/Downloads.htm

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have downloaded the OPOS 250 & SP10 from
            http://www.posretailsolutions.com/Downloads.htm
            but I still get the same msgs. and remember mine uses LPT so i selected TM-T88IIP on the Select detailed model.
            what are the batch settings supposed to be? and can you please forward the .reg file.

Comment

so i selected TM-T88IIP on the Select detailed model
              The drivers for the TM-T88iv are included in the service pack.

remember mine uses LPT
              You didn't mention this previously, are you selecting the correct port?

can you please forward the .reg file
              You don't need a copy, it is installed by default into the 'disk 1' folder during setup.

I would select your printer during the setup and ensure that you are using the right port, if this fails you should really call the helpdesk.

Comment

1. There is no TM-T88IV on the Batch Settings>Select POS Printer
                2. Yes I selected LPT1
                3. There is no disk1 folder in C: drive. I found it in C:\Program Files\OPOS\Epson2

Comment

Please refer to my previous post:

run the new device wizard using the button on the far left of the task bar as shown. Note that you will need to specify the correct port which the printer is attached to on your system, you can also enter the LDN during the wizard.
                  You should not be looking in the batch file.

Add new device - select printer - you will find your printer in the drop down list (I have checked on my copy and it's there). Please take the time to use the help file in OPOS.

Comment

Working...
                  X