Cash Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Draw

I have a problem getting my cash draw to work which is a Star CB2002 connected to an EPSON TM-T88IV which is connected to the P.C via USB.

When I configure the Cash draw in OPOS and do a health check it works fine but when running the Actinic application the Cash draw does not function, and yes the LDN is set to unit1.

Any help suggestions.

I had a similar problem and found that I had to turn on the printer first - which is linked to the till and then open the Epos programme otherwise it does not recognise the till drawer or the printer. Hope this helps

Comment

Does the cash drawer connect to the back of the printer? If so, then it uses the same com port as the printer.

Do you know if the Star CB2002 if definitely Epson Opos compatable?

Comment

Cash Draw

In response to the two posts:

.1. The printer is turned on before starting the application and the printer works o.k so I do not think this is the problem.

.2. The Star cash draw states it works with Epson printers and indeed it works fine in opos using the health check. As the cash draw has no intelligence and just uses the triigger from the printer I would not think it is anything to do with the cash draw itself, rather something in the application/driver not triggering the cash draw. The port in opos is set the same as the printer and as I said works fine.

Comment

Cash Draw

I have fixed this problem, for those interested you can use pin 2 or 5 to trigger the cash draw on the standard telephone type connector. It seems that OPOS uses pin 2 Actinic uses pin 5

I therefore simply joined pins 2 and 5 (pin 5 not connected inside the star cash draw) and all works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X