Microsoft Works Spreadsheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Works Spreadsheets

I read in another post that Microsoft Works Spread sheets can now be used on a computer that has Actinic Epos installed on it- is that correct?

I can confirm that it it possible to install EPOS on a PC and also install any spreadsheet program.

Perhaps you could be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by eni
      I read in another post that Microsoft Works Spread sheets can now be used on a computer that has Actinic Epos installed on it- is that correct?

are you referring to linking externally?

More detail please...
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

When I purchased the actinic EPOS and computer together I was told that the windows XP version would not have any Microsoft spreadsheets, word processor etc as there would be a conflict - which is annoying as I use these at home for accounting etc, but I read on these pages recetly that now this was not an issue.

Comment

A new machine (windooze) normally have Works on it preinstalled.

Excel is a bought programme. Is that what you mean?

Still unclear as to what you are after, sorry

Comment

Yes I know that that new computers usually have the MS works already installed but when I purchased the complete system from Actinic none of these programmes were included and the reason I was given was that they were not compatible with Actinic Epos. I just wanted to know if this was still the case as it would be more convennient to doing most of my accounting at work, rather than taking most of the accounts home - which now means I will have to purchase spreadsheet software - does this make sense......

Comment

OK, ENOUGH ALREADY...

Lets clarify and hopefully move this to a resolution.

1 When you say you bought the system, I presume you mean the EPOS system and not a PC? Or do you mean subscribe to Express?

2 Actinic is compatible with Sage and Quickbooks (epos unsure)

3 Actinic's database is built in Access and can be worked on in XLS (if you know how to as all MS software is backward compatible)

Is that of any help?

Comment

FWIW - I have office XP,Quickbooks pro and our old Epos back office software (along with 3 web browsers, photoshop and all my other progs) all installed on my office PC with Actinic. Doesn't give any problems at all and in fact having MS Access has been invaluable on a couple of occasions when I've wanted to export Epos data to Excel due to the limited reporting options. I shouldn't worry mate install what you want.
                Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Working...
                X