Error Message when adding new customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message when adding new customers

When I now try and add a new customer to EPOS I get the following error message:
    "3421 Data type conversion error"
    When I click ok a box appears telling me that there was an error adding anew customer and then it says "No new customer added"
    I have not had this before - can anyone help?

what steps are you using, lets see if we can spot what you have done wrong (if owt)
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Just as the manual states: Go into Customers from the main menu, click add, enter all relevant information and then click OK. I have done this many times before without any problem but now when I click OK the error message appears every time, annoying as I have a long list of customers that I would like to enter for a loyalty scheme - typical

Comment

Hi
        It seems that after nearly a year it has not been fixed?

If you have not added any customers yet, that means the old problem has not been fixed!

What I found out (if you have never added a customer yet), is that EPOS does not like when at least there one record inserted.

In other words, if you have MSaccess or other editor, edit data.mdb (do a backup first!).
        Then open tblCustomer and 'manually add a customer 'real or bogus' - it just need to be there. This is called 'work around'

Then try again to add a customer using EPOS, it now should work.

If not, then things have gone worse since EPOS 2.73 - I have not updated it since 2.73 for fear of wasting again my valuable time.

I hope this helps you to go on and make use of this program.

I have just downloaded their latest 2.92 and hope there is an improvement of the daily problems I have - I just generally work around problems I now know by heart to get on.

I remember months ago Actinic 'boss' had the courage to tell (on a .NET article) to other software Companies to test their products before put it on sale and at the time is when we all had problems with this program!

Actinic bought it from Checkout and just marked it with their name.

That is my personal thought based on experience I had and I am having.
        Ciao
        actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
        ;-]

Comment

We get these kind of error messages when our network goes down (by that I mean we turn off the office epos while the shop epos is still on!).

Again, it would be good to get a comment from Actinic on this one.

Nick
          Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Working...
          X