Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESEFTInterface error

Hello!

I need to set up verifone sc5000 at the new store for the new PC. Device (pos) is not new and already worked with another computer from another store.
    I've downloaded your software EasyVterminal-version-2.1.4.msi and installed it as described in the installation manual Chip_&_Pin_Setup.pdf.
    But when I run interface to pos (step 9, start YESEFTInterface.exe) then I get the following error:
    Unable to initialize Easy VTerminal,
    jpos.JposException: STSTerminalException: unable to reset reader, response: ... (there is unreadable symbol)
    Looks like that PC doesn't see the device is connected because when I disconnect it then I get the same error.
    What can be the reason of that? Please try to help, I don't know how to set up pos.
    And one moment - I haven't any drivers with pos device, should I install any drivers before installing EasyVterminal or all drivers for Verifone sc5000 are already included into EasyVT software?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Edward,

I have already replied to the email you sent to EPOS techincal support, but for reference please see below:

The error message you are getting " unable to reset reader" suggests that the com port set in the Yes Pay configuration is incorrect.

To check what com ports are in use on your PC follow the instructions below:

1) right click on "My Computer", select "Properties"
    2) click on the "hardware" tab, then click on "Device manager".
    3) Click the "+" symbol next to "Ports(COM & LTP)" Make a note of the COM ports in use, for example "COM1" and "COM3"

To change the com port set for the pin pad using the version of the YESPay software you are using follow the instructions below:

1) Go to C:\YESEFT\terminal.properties. Open this file in notepad.
    2) Select one of the COM PORTS you made a note of In 3) above, amend the COM PORT number in the terminal. properties file under "sc5000", save it and close.

Once this has been done, double click on "YESEFTInterface.exe" found at the location C:\YESEFT. If the same error message occurs, try changing the COM PORT number to one of the other com ports you made a note of in 3)

The drivers for the device are installed with the YesPay software

Thanks

Paul
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X