Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting Serial Number - asks for address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting Serial Number - asks for address?

In the products area, you can select whether to collect serial numbers and whether to collect address'.

If I select just to collect serial number, why during checkout does it ask for customers address?

Hi,

When you tick the tick box "Collect Serial number when scanned" on a product, you will find EPOS forces you to also enter a customer name, even though you have not ticked "Collect name and address when scanned".

Both Serial Number and Customer details are required. This is becuase the serial number of the item sold is is logged in "Customers" on the "Purchases" tab of a customer account
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by pmsupport View Post
      Hi,

When you tick the tick box "Collect Serial number when scanned" on a product, you will find EPOS forces you to also enter a customer name, even though you have not ticked "Collect name and address when scanned".

Both Serial Number and Customer details are required. This is because the serial number of the item sold is is logged in "Customers" on the "Purchases" tab of a customer account
      Hi
      'Where' can I find the data that has been collected?
      It is not listed in customers and therefore I cannot send details to the right body!
      It was a TV receiver sale.

Thank you
      M

Ciao
      actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
      ;-]

Comment

Working...
      X