Disillusioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disillusioned

We have nine accounts on our till, mostly my customers take a little, pay a little but always leave a debt balance.

Today somebody came in to make a payment. There total outstanding was £63.40

To my delight she wished to pay in full, so I did the usual, stuck the cash in the till and off she went.

Anyway at Z time, I checked all my account balances, this particular account should of read £0.00 but it still showed £7 odd outstanding!

I checked the log on her account and it showed the purchases she had made and the payment she had made today

Why then does the software say she still owes us when she clearly doesn't?

I then got to thinking how many of the others are inaccurate where people make only part payments?

This is surely an unworkable and fraudulent scenario? I was aware that the software cant handle (in Z mode) the sales on account / payments and shows it twice, but for a piece of software that is not in testing this type of inaccuracy is worrying.

I have manually reset her balance to £0.00 but I shouldn't have to, it is suposed to make my work easier not add to it!

Just us then?

Had a play tonight and the issue remains

Comment

Hi Mark,

I understand that after clearing the outstanding customer account balance, EPOS still shows a balance of £7 outstanding.

Please can you advise which revision of Actinic EPOS you are using? It tells you this on the main screen you see when you first log into EPOS.

I would like to investigate what may have caused this inaccuracy, in order to investiagte this, please can you email me 2 of your EPOS databases?

To do this, go to "My Computer", then browse to C:\checkout.
      Right click on "data.mdb", and select "Send to | Compressed zip folder. This will create a file called "Data.zip" in the Checkout folder. Please do the same with "transaction.mdb".

Please then email those 2 zip files Data.zip and transaction.zip to pmsupport [@] actinic.co.uk

I can then investigate this issue, and advise how this accuracy occured

Thanks
      Paul Murphy
      Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your email.

I have taken a look at your databases, I can clearly see that for the customer account “Gordon and Jo” on account on the account tab it says a credit was made on 01/05/2008 for £191.50, while on the purchases tab it says an account payment of £197 has been made.

This is a known bug in Actinic EPOS, the bug in the application which is causing this problem. This problem is not specific to your databases but within the application of EPOS.

The bug is that the change value is not cleared automatically when finishing a sale, so if it is not updated it modifies the value of the next transaction. When - making a new sale, change is automatically recalculated, so that is why it has no effect on sales.

The bug only effects your payment on account if the previous transaction (the last sale on the till) gave change to the customer, becuase with payment on accounts the change value is not being cleared.

As this is a bug, our development team will be putting a fix to this bug in the next release of Actinic EPOS which will be released in the near future, we are expecting a new version of Actinic EPOS to be released either this week or next week, and this will be avalible to download from our website.

The new version of EPOS will be EPOS 3.02 or later and this will have the bug fix for this issue in it. When it is avalible you will see it on the link below:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Before upgrading to EPOS 3.03 or later, we recommend you call Actinic EPOS technical support for assistance before doing so.

Thanks
        Paul Murphy

Comment

I am very uncomfortable with this as it is very possible that our account customers have been over charged or at least have inaccurate balances on account.

What can be done to verify the accounts?

Comment

Hi Mark,

This is a way you can check which customer accounts have been effected by this problem with your customer accounts, but you will need Microsoft Access to do this

You will need Access 2000 or above in order to run this query in your Actinic EPOS database.

Please carefully follow the steps below:

1) First make a backup of EPOS (File | Backup)
            2) Close down EPOS.
            3) Open Windows Explorer
            4) Browse to: C:\checkout
            5) Open up “Transaction.mdb” in Access.
            6) go to 'View | Database Objects | Queries
            7) click 'New'
            8) select 'Design' view
            9) click 'close' on the 'Show Table' window
            10) then go to 'View | SQL view'
            11) Copy and paste the SQL statement below into the page, replacing “SELECT;” if that is already in the page:

SELECT
            [CustomerID] as Customer,
            sum([Tendered]) as TotalTendered,
            sum([change])as TotalChange
            FROM tblTransaction_Payment
            WHERE ([Status] = 'A')
            GROUP BY [CustomerID]
            HAVING (sum([change]) <> 0)
            ORDER BY sum([change]) DESC

12) to run the query, go to 'Query | Run'
            13) You can now see the results of the query.
            14) Now close the SQL query Window
            15) Close the Access Database

Please ensure you have the backups as I have suggested above.

Thanks
            Paul Murphy

Comment

easy as that ?

maybe best to just smile when they come in.

Comment

That's great, except that this doesn't rectify problem, which we have also encountered.

It also doesn't highlight all the instances of this happening. One in particular that I spotted whilst collating statements to post to customers has not shown up using this query.

Is there any way of manually putting these amounts right, i.e deleting the TotalChange shown in the transaction table?

Comment

Paul

Dont really like to pester, but its well over a month now.

Latest patch to cure all these irritations?

Comment

Hi Mark

The new version of EPOS (3.06) is currently on beta - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37902. If you have a spare PC and a spare hour you could give it a spin to check your issues against it.

Comment

Working...
                    X