Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profit Report

Hi,
    We are looking at Actinic to help run our shop.

We sell computer hardwrae, etc and the cost prices change all the time.

We are using the demo at the moment,

When we book stock in, we can change the cost price but this doesnt seem to update the last cost box. Also when we run a report to show the profit it calculates from the original cost. If we change the product cost manually each time then we are changing the cost of all our stock already purchased.

Is there any way to work with first in first out,

eg:
    5 X Item A @ £10 cost
    5 X Item A @ £12 cost

If we sell all 10 item then the software will show the 5 items brought for £12 at a cost of £10.00

I hope this makes some sense!!

Thanks

Chris

Profit Report

Go To Setup and there is an option to tick FIFO - Hope this helps

Steve
    www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk
    Steven Morgan
    Cosmetics4u
    http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmetics4u View Post
      Go To Setup and there is an option to tick FIFO - Hope this helps

Steve
      www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk
      Is this function only available in the network version? There is no FIFO button in my stand alone version.

I frequently get products on offer from suppliers and each time I do I have to update the cost and retail price. If I still have some earlier stock left I can only do this when the older stock has finished. Quite often with some of the slower selling items I might have sent the invoice off to the accountant and so not be able to backtrack the promo price. This is more important when the promo finishes and the cost price rises I could potentially be selling a product at a loss?

Comment

Could you not produce another bar code for the newer stock and treat it as a new product?

Comment

Working...
        X