Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful touch screen but how do I ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful touch screen but how do I ....

Beautiful touch screen but how do I get the customer display that's attached to the screen to operate instead of the DigiPos display that I received in my Actinic bundle?

Here's the issue.

The bundle that I bought from Actinic works fine, but I have a beautiful Posligne touch screen which matches the decor of my store. The Posligne includes a customer-facing display and looks great. But I can't make it display the sale data! The DigiPos display works fine but looks less good and seems unnecessary.

Does anyone know how to make the Posligne OLC15 customer display work with Actinic EPOS please?

Pyknicpie

Hi Pyknicpie,

I understand you have a PosLigne OLC15 Customer display and want it to work with Actinic EPOS. In order for the Customer display to work with Actinic EPOS the Customer display must be Epson OPOS compatible and emulate an Epson Customer display. If it is not Epson OPOS compatible with will not work with Actinic EPOS.

First you will need to check the user guide for your Customer display to find out what Epson Customer display the PosLigne OLC15 emulates. If it is not in the manual, check with the manufacturer of the Customer display.

Once you know what Epson Customer display the PosLigne OLC15 emulates follow the steps below. Please note following these instructions will stop any customer display you currently have working with Actinic EPOS working.

1) Go to Start | Programs | OPOS | Setup POS Ver2.00
    2) Expand the list of devices on the left, then expand "Linedisplay".
    3) Delete "DM-D202" from the list of devices. (This may vary depending on what you currently have set for the Customer Display)
    4) Right click on “Linedisplay” and select “add new device”
    5) In the “Select Device name” drop down list select the Epson Customer display you are using, or the Epson Customer display your customer display emulates. If you don’t know which Epson Customer display your printer emulates, you may have try each printer in turn until you find one that works. (You could try DM-D202 as a starting point)
    6) In “Add new LDN” type “unit1”
    7) Click “Next”
    8) Under "Com Port settings" you need to select the correct Com Port the Customer display is plugged into on your PC. You can come back and change this if the test does not work later on.
    9) You may also have to change the baud to match your own Customer display.
    10) You can test if you have selected the correct port, baud rate and customer display name by clicking "Checkhealth Interactive", then click "Start”, the Customer display should then display a test message.
    11) Click “OK” to save the settings for the new device you have added

If the test message appears, and you have entered the correct LDN in 6) the pole display should now be correctly configured to work with Actinic EPOS.

If this test message does not appear, you have either selected the wrong Customer display in 2), selected the wrong com port in 8) or selected the wrong Baud rate in 9).

As this Customer display is not part of the Actinic EPOS standard hardware list we cannot be sure if this printer is Epson OPOS compatible or that it emulates an Epson Customer display, so to get this working would be a trial and error approach, but I hope the explanation of the configuration above helps.
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X