Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Actinic EPOS Software

Hi,
    Its my first post. I currently purchased 2 x actinic epos software for our new plumbing store. One will be used as a till and the other as a back end to do reporting etc.
    The software is installed and working fine, but the problem is when i try to network them together. Does anyone know what settings to change in the software to connect both the software together.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Has

Hi,

Decide which computer is going to contain the main databases (usually the backend computer) and make sure that the 'c:\checkout' folder is shared. On the other computer click on the 'Setup' button and then on the 'Connect' tab and for each database file (mdb) browse to the relevant file on the other pc and click the 'Connect' button.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Problems after installation

Hi,
      Thanks for replying. I had installed the epos software on the computer that was going to be the backend. The problem that i am having now is that when i double click on the epos on the desktop, the program loads for a second and then closes automatically.
      Any idea whats wrong?

Comment

Hi,

Not sure about that problem but you could try:

-backup your 'c:\checkout' folder
        -uninstall EPOS
        -uninstall Office converter pack
        -uninstall Access runtime
        -then reinstall EPOS

and see if that works for you.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Network connected but no data appearing

Hi,
          Thanks for the info. I reinstalled epos and everyhting works. The both computers are networked and also connected through the epos software. The problem i am having now is when i do a product lookup on the counter computer (not the backend), no products are displayed. When i try doing a transactions and try to scan a product which is already in the database, the product wont come up. But, if i go to the adding new product option, at the bottom, i can scroll through all our products. The products are there but i cant look them up or put it through in the transactions screen. Any Ideas Y?

Thanks,
          Has

Comment

Network connected but no data appearing

You need to go to the one you are using as a till and goto menu on the product screen then copy data from server when that completes you should see the data - everytime you do changes on the backoffice you have to run that routine to copy the changes over to the slave i.e the till - when you do this the first time it copies everything - hope this helps
            Steven Morgan
            Cosmetics4u
            http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X