Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing customer details

Hi,

I have an Access database containing customer names, addresses and contact numbers.

I was wondering how I would go about importing these into Actinic; there are far too many to re-type.

I'm guessing I'd need to arrange the fields in the same order as Actinic is arranged, and export as a .csv file, and then import into the relvant table, within the relevant database, having opened it in Access.

However, I've not looked too deeply into it yet, as I'm worried I might mess something up.

Has anyone else done this successfully, if so do you have any tips for me?

Thanks in anticipation.

rapieriiia.

Be careful of importing into the Customer table as the IDs may get 'muddled' and you could end up with wrong info on customer account orders.

Search the forum for 'import' and 'customer sccounts' I'm sure there's a number of posts about this in the past.

** Disregard this if you are referring to EPOS - I unfortunately didn't check the forum heading before replying.

Comment

as I'm worried I might mess something up.
      take either a snapshot or a copy of the db before doing anything, then you can experiment at will and easily restore

Comment

Hi rapieriiia,

Is this for the Actinic EPOS system or Actinic Ecommerce?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Import

Thanks for your replies,

I'm using Actinic EPOS.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi Rapieriiia

A list of customer can be imported into Actinic EPOS, but this is no built in function in EPOS to do this for you. Actinic support must do this for you.

1) First you must complete the attached spreadsheet with all your customers:

Actinic_Customer_ Import.zip

2) You can then email this spreadsheet to me for importing. I will also need your database "data.mdb" zipped with winzip or it will be blocked by our firewall. This database can be found in the location C:\Checkout on the PC with EPOS installed on. During the time it takes for me to import the customer spreadsheet for you you cannot use the till becuase I will be sending you the same database back to you, but with the customers imported. Please email me your completed spreadsheet and "data.mdb" zipped with winzip to pmsupport [@] actinic.co.uk if you wish to do this.

Paul
            Paul Murphy
            Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Customer Import

Thanks Paul,

I can get that done in the next few days.

How much does it cost to have this import done?

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi Rapieriiia,

There is no cost for this.

Thanks

Paul
                Paul Murphy
                Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X