Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Item appears to be 'missing' from z read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item appears to be 'missing' from z read.

Hello all,

I;ve just been entering my daily takings details into Sage. I do this manually, and I get the information from the tills Z reads.

The problem I have is when someone takes a deposit for an item.

When the deposit is taken (for example £50 has been taken for a £150 item), the deposit amount (£50) shows in the 'deposits' section of the z read, and the 'tender totals' is equal to the sum of 'deposits' and 'category totals' as you'd expect.

This is fine, I have no problem with that at all, the problem comes when the balance is paid off.

If the customer pays the balance (£100 in this case), the z read does not show it in the 'deposits' section any more. Fair enough I suppose, as it's no longer a deposit; however it doesn't appear in the category totals either. In fact, there is no mention of the paid balance whatsoever. It only appears in the 'tender totals', which makes it look as though an error has been made on the till somehow.

At first I thought this niggle was a fault, but having reported it to Actinic, I've been told that the software is working correctly. So, really my question is how do I easily identify the transaction(s) for the 'missing' sums of money?

It is quite important I enter the correct details into Sage, as I deal with a lot of Standard Rate VAT items, and Zero Rate VAT items, and I don't want my VAT returns to be wrong.

Do others have this problem, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Rapieriiia

Hi Rapieriiia,

The Z report won’t list each transaction and weather it had a deposit made on it as it could end up a very long report by the end of the day.

The deposit amount will show on the Z report if the customer hasn’t paid off the remainder by the end of the day or whenever you run your Z read. It creates a header called “Deposit” and the amount would show in there.

If the deposit had been paid off before you run the Z report then this “Deposit” header would not appear as its been paid off, your totals would be accurate now.

There is a second page to the Z Report that states “Category Totals” The Category from which the item was purchased from will appear in here.

You can also see more detail about the z read data by going to EPOS Main Screen | Data | Zreads. In here you can see more data about the zread for that day.

Paul
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say 'second page' of the Z print (referring to where I can find the 'category totals'), where do I find this?

I've just been using the z print form the thermal printer on our til. This shows 'category totals', but does not include items where a balance has been cleared.

Thanks

Comment

Still having problems - z read cannot be used for our purposes.

Hi,

This thread seems to be lying 'dormant'....

From Paul's last post I understand that Deposits should be shown in the Deposit header, unless the balance is paid off before the z is run. This is happening here, so there is no problem with that.

Also, I understand that if the balance is paid off before the z is run, then the total of the sale appears in the 'category totals'. This is where the problem is occuring.

Frequently we are taking a deposit, which as I said is OK. Then several days later the balance will be paid. This is where it's 'going missing'. Once the balance is paid, it does not show the balance amount in the category from which the product came. In fact it's not mentioned on the z at all. It just makes the 'tender total' seem to be too high, with no evidence to support why.

Is my software not working right, or is this really how Actinic was designed?

Thanks for your help.

Rapieriiia

Comment

Hi Nick,

It’s the second page listed on a sheet of A4 if you were to choose to print it from that type of printer. When you print it on your thermal printer it automatically includes it though so you don’t have to worry about that.

Unfortunately the Z report will not list every transaction and if that transaction had a deposit made on it.

You could try looking in Reports/Sales/Z Reads by Date range. In there you can select the date you ran the Z report on and it will list any deposits taken in there.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Missing data from z read

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately the problem is not with deposits that have been taken, but when the balance is cleared for an item which we have taken a deposit for.

When the balance is cleared the 'category totals' when added together are less than the 'tender total', by exactly the figure of the balance which has been cleared.

For our book keeping I need to know what money has been received in which category.

I've tried looking at the z read stuff from the data menu, and all the reports, but the category totals are still short.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Nick,

I think it would be best if you were to email me the following database files from your master till C:\Checkout

data.mdb – transaction.mdb and zread.mdb

I can then re-create the error on my system and investigate more. You will need to winzip the files (otherwise our fire wall blocks them) prior to mailing them to adsupport [@] actinic.co.uk

Thanks,

Andy.

Comment

Missing z read data

Hi Andy,

I sent you an email on Saturday with the databases you requested.

Please let me know if it did / didn't arrive.

Thanks for your help

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

I replied yesterday morning by email. Unfortunately there were no database files attached with the email you sent.

Please try again (remember to zip them up or our firewall will reject them)

Thanks,

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                  X