Payments on account (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having read through the various threads on the subject I was hoping if someone could confirm the process of taking a deposit for a product and then how to pay the final amount on account.

In an ideal world I would like to take a deposit of £50 for Product A that retails at £150. I would like to print out the order.
    Then I would order Product A from my supplier.
    Once Product A is delivered to my store I can book it into stock.
    Then I can call my customer so they may collect or I can deliver.
    I would now like to raise an invoice for Product A for the remaining £100 (Inc a delivery note) and take a payment on account.

Currently I have a product called Deposit on my main screen and use that with a line note for taking a deposit. When Product A arrives I raise an invoice for the full amount and then do a refund on the Deposit.
    This way works ok for most of the time but it is a problem when someone pays in full for a new Product that I do not have in stock or on my system. This happens a few times as I sell light fittings and I buy from so many different suppliers to be able to put them all into the system.
    Kind regards

Paul Greenslade

Light & Sound Ltd

Hi Paul,

Please try the following. It’s better than using a button called deposit as it will put all the figures into their necessary reports when you do a Z report at the end of the day.

It also covers the reports you want to print out at the times you have stated you’d like.

Please let me know if this covers things ok.

1. Make sure that in Setup/This Till/Printing you have a tick in the box “A4 invoice printing on”
    2. From the sales screen select the product.
    3. Go to pay it.
    4. Toggle the sale button in the top right hand side of the window so it changes to order.
    5. Select or create the customer who wishes to place the order by pressing the customer button.
    6. Search and find the customer and select by pressing ok.
    7. Enter the amount the customer wishes to deposit and press pay and then complete.
    8. You will be prompted with a “select print format” box.
    9. Tick yes to “order” and tick yes to “receipt”. These will now print. A laser printer is recommended to print A4 reports.
    10. Do not deduct from stock when the message pops up after paying in the deposit/hit “no”
    11. You will notice that if you were to run a Z report now (print preview) it will show that the deposit has been added to a section named “deposits”
    12. Order and book in the product as you normally would when it arrives.
    13. Call the customer to arrange collection or delivery and payment for the remaining balance.
    14. When the customer wishes to finish the transaction by paying the remainder:
    15. Go to the menu button in the sales screen and select the orders button on the right hand side.
    16. Search for the customer and their order to complete.
    17. Highlight the whole line and press the recall button. The sales screen will now be in blue.
    18. Press pay and cash off the remainder of the sales.
    19. You will be prompted with a “select print format” box.
    20. Press “yes” to invoice and “yes” to delivery note. These will now print.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
      That seems straight forward enough. I don't get back into the shop till tomorrow and I will try it then.
      if iys that easy I can't see why I could not work it out.
      I must admit there are a few odd things that Epos does not do things as I would expect it to.
      Kind regards

Paul Greenslade

Light & Sound Ltd

Comment

Hi Andy,

We have tried using the above info you gave us and it does work ok.
        One issue we have is that a few times now someone has come into the shop and ordered a fitting that we do not stock and is not in Epos. We can order it for the customer but the want to pay the whole amount up front. As we do not have enough time in front of the customer to make up a customer entry and input the product we have reverted to a cash sale button to take the money.
        What we have though of doing is raising an order once the customer has gone and booking in the new product and raising a credit against the previous invoice to keep the paperwork and figure correct.
        Is there a better way?
        Kind regards

Paul Greenslade

Light & Sound Ltd

Comment

Hi Paul,

As mentioned on the phone, from the sales screen you can create a customer and you only have to enter in the customers name and postcode to create that customer instantly. You can always go back in and add more details later if you want. You could use the same process as you described but at least by adding the customer you have an instant reference for that sale.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X