Correcting errors / customer orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a customer order outstanding, where the customer has paid a deposit of £100 for an item, and will pay his balance upon collection.

Unfortunately an error has been made in the sale screen, and it shows the £100 deposit, then the £300 balance paid immediately after it.

I could not recall the order, and even if I could I would not know how to go about correcting it. Once I had reset the z, I could recall the transaction. Unfortunately my z print shows more money taken than was actually in the till.

Ideally this situation won't occur again, but unfortuantely it's bound to. What I need to know is how to find the transaction, and correct the error preferably before the z read.

With the particular one, I need to remove the £300 'balance' payment, as Actinic currently shows no money outstanding. I cannot refund this now, as the z has been taken, and I don't want another dodgy z read.

Thanks for your help

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately when a transaction has been made you can not recall it and refund it, I guess this is more for security reasons then anything else. Your best option would be to complete a refund for the amount so your reports will balance out.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Correcting Errors

Hi Andy,

That seems fair enough, however what do I do with the transaction to void it?

In this case EPOS shows that the item has been paid in full, but in fact only 25% has been paid. I can't alter it at all. The is a possibility that when our customer comes to claim his goods, that he is given them without any futher money collected as our records are wrong.

Thanks

Nick.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I’d suggest doing a full refund and then putting the order through again making a deposit of only 25%

At least then your have a customer reference for it when he comes in to pick up the item and pay the remainder.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X