Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing EPSON TM-T90 PRINTER

Hi,
    I am trying to connect a epson tm-t90 to the epos software. i added a new device on the opos and chose tm-t90 from the option list and added the name 'unit1' for the LDN and tried one with the LDN. But it doesnt seem to connect with the printer and can print anything.

Does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Has

Hi,

To find out a little more about how you are connecting the printer to the system please can you answer the following questions.

1. What kind of connection does the printer use, serial or parallel?
    2. Can it do a ‘print health check’ through opos setup?
    3. Within Epos/Setup/Printing – do you have ‘Epson Opos available’ ticked and also ‘Printing On’ ticked.
    4. Also if the printer is installed through Windows then this can cause a confliction with ops so you would need to delete this.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Epson TM-T90 Probs

Hi,
      Thanks for replying Andy. The answers to your questions are:

1. The unit has a parallel connection.
      2. Tried health check but get an error "error occured in calling health check method".
      3. Epos printing and epson opos is enabled in actinic.
      4. Firstly i tried it with windows driver for the printer - didnt work. then i deleted the driver but it still doesnt work. i tried on the the backoffice computer, which i didnt install the driver - but doesnt work on that either.

I used a paralled printer cable and now trying it with serial 9pin to parallel 25pin. I followed the instructions on the opos to install the printer and also tried it couple of times with 'unit1' for the ldn name. i also tried it changing the hardware name to tm-t80iii - it was in the forum but that never worked.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,
      Has

Comment

Hi Has,

It sounds like its set up in Actinic Epos correctly and the problem is getting it set up in Opos.

When you install it within Opos make sure you’re choosing the correct printer model, I notice that there are two options for the TM-T90. There is one that says TM-T90 and another that’s says TM-T90M. Your have to make sure that the correct one is chosen.

If it is a parallel connection on the printer, how at the moment have you got it connecting to the Till\PC? If it’s through a PCI card with a parallel connection, this may need a couple of settings changed within device manager.

If it’s a serial cable you’re using to connect it, make sure you’re connecting it to Com 1 on the Till\PC.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X