Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z read problems again

Hi,

I'm entering the details from my z read into Sage (which I still do manually...), and once again there is a sum of money 'missing'.

The total taken on the till was £2046.03, but the deposits on the z read, and the category totals only add up to £1966.04, which is obviously £79.99 below the figure I need to see.

This happens every time we take the final payment on a customer order, and it's making my job far more difficult than it needs to be.

I need to know the following:

1) How do I trace this transaction? All I know is that the last payment was made on 15/12/08; I'm assuming that it's just one transaction of £79.99, but in reality it could be any number of transactions adding up to £79.99.

2) How do I prevent this from happening in the future? It occurs when we sell an item as a customer order, and take several payments over several days. I was advised by the engineer who installed our system that for these transactions I should do the following:

i) scan the item in the sales screen as normal
    ii) hit the 'pay' button
    iii) hit the 'cust' button to enter / select customer details
    iv) hit the 'sale' button for it to toggle to 'order'
    v) enter the deposit and hit 'complete'
    vi) take a duplicate of the receipt to use as a reserved label to attach to the product.

This seems to set the sale / order up OK, and the deposit(s) appear on the z read as expected (although there is no indication as to which category the money 'belongs to' on the z print).

When a customer comes back to pay more money off, I've been advised to do the following:

i) recall the transaction by scanning the tx barcode on the duplicate receipt (see step vi above).
    ii) hit the 'pay' button
    iii) enter the sum the customer wishes to pay
    iv) hit 'complete'

Again, this seems to work as expected, with the sum paid showing in the 'deposits' section of the z print.

When the customer comes in to complete the payments, we do exactly the same as we would for paying more money off (as detailed above). This where things go wrong.

There is no reference to the final payment on the z read, and as yet I've never managed to find the transaction in Actinic.

Can someone please advise whether or not this is the right way about setting up this kind of transaction, or perhaps a better way?

It would be very useful to see on the z print what category the deposits relate to, as some of our categories are zero rated VAT and some are standard VAT.

It would be extremely useful to see on the z print the final payment details; I don't understand why they are not itemised on the print? As it stands at the moment the prints just show sums of money coming in the till which I cannot account for.

Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong, or our system is not set up right and this can be made to work in the way I need easily.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Nick

Z read problems again

Hi Nick

The system is set this way as if you were to have hundreds of customers coming in paying off goods as we do your z read would be miles long and it would be difficult to keep up with this.

We use the system to record the balances and take the reads from the top of the z as follows

Credit Card Sales 567.06
    Cash Sales 1874.02

we took payments of 202.04 which is included in these balances we look at the vat report at the bottom which records the initial sales and cipher what is zero and vatable for the day from that so the 202.04 in payments is counted as sales for today as in theory the customer hasnt got the goods until they are paid so it is easier to record and keep track this way.

An easier way to explain would be customer buys a product £100.00 and pays £20.00 on Monday so our shop sales say for example were 50.00 credit cards and £100.00 cash so in theory £80.00 of this cash was shop sales and £20.00 was from the order.

When they pay the £80.00 balance that is counted in sales for that day we have had vat inspections and they seem very happy to do it this way.

hope this helps any queries let me know

Steve
    Steven Morgan
    Cosmetics4u
    http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X