Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import products?

HI, We are just setting up out Epos and I have run into a few problems,

I started to enter the list of products 1 by 1, ( I have over 300 so far )

But am getting a little confused, In the old system we used from witch I now have an excel doc, We put in cost price, ( this was including VAT ) then a sale price, and did not have any of these pack quantity and pack price functions, non of our products are in packs, Also, When i started to add the cost price the system seems to then add the vat on again so the retail price is the same but the profits are wrong, Can anyone give me an idiots guide to doing this correctly, I also can not find a way to view a full list of products I have entered only found that if I click products i can scroll thru them with my mouse wheel, and when I try to go back to edit an item some of the options that were on the add product page are not in the window that displays the product, Am I been a complete numpty here?

Also to ask I know but is there a way of importing the list of 300 products I have from my ecel doc then go back thru them assigning the new catagories I have set up in my epos?

Thanks to any advice given herem I know I am asking a lot.

happy new year guys n gals

Import products?

Hi,

Adding a New Product:

1. Product File Menu Screen
    2. Add
    3. Product Code: If you have a specific product code which you would like to use, enter this in the product code box. (Note: Product Codes MUST BE UNIQUE) the system will not allow two products to have the same Product code. If you would like the system to create a unique Product code for you then simply click on the ‘Code’ button
    4. Enter the products description (The name of the product). This will also automatically fill in the Button Txt.
    5. Scan Barcode if you have one.
    6. Enter in the Pack Quantity of the product. If you don’t receive these products in packs then just put 1.
    7. Pack Cost: Enter your cost per pack of this item (‘excluding Sales Tax’). If only one item then enter the price you pay for it from your supplier ‘Excluding Sales Tax’
    8. Enter in the sales price (‘excluding Sales Tax’) and the opening stock number.

There are also other options such as Category, Department, and Supplier & Supplier Code that you can enter within this screen at the time of entering the above or after.

You can find a product a lot quicker by using the ‘Look Up’ function within the Product File Menu; it’s a lot quicker than scrolling through the list.

Unfortunately Epos doesn’t have an import function that will allow the transfer of all your products from your old Epos.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the help,

Much appreciated, I think I am making progress!

Woot

Comment

Hi

Actually, I'm a bit disapointed that Solo does not have an import facillity considering the cost of it and that its produced by a company going on for over a decade. Backend is just an access DB - surely Actinic could have provided this facility rather than forcing an upgrade to Network edition which is almost double the price.

Anterweb - Count yourself lucky you only have 300 products 'cos I have 9500+ products to deal it. I'm a retailer of shoes and every size & colour combination is a different product.

Regards
        Nilesh

Comment

Originally posted by Anterweb View Post
          HI, We are just setting up out Epos and I have run into a few problems,

I started to enter the list of products 1 by 1, ( I have over 300 so far )

But am getting a little confused, In the old system we used from witch I now have an excel doc, We put in cost price, ( this was including VAT ) then a sale price, and did not have any of these pack quantity and pack price functions, non of our products are in packs, Also, When i started to add the cost price the system seems to then add the vat on again so the retail price is the same but the profits are wrong, Can anyone give me an idiots guide to doing this correctly, I also can not find a way to view a full list of products I have entered only found that if I click products i can scroll thru them with my mouse wheel, and when I try to go back to edit an item some of the options that were on the add product page are not in the window that displays the product, Am I been a complete numpty here?

Also to ask I know but is there a way of importing the list of 300 products I have from my ecel doc then go back thru them assigning the new catagories I have set up in my epos?

Thanks to any advice given herem I know I am asking a lot.

happy new year guys n gals
          Hi,

I think Anterweb was asking if Actinic Epos has a function that can import products which were set up on a different Epos system running a different software program. Not all Epos software programs are developed using the same backend files so this is something that isn't that straight forward.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

I know this post is over a week old now so sorry if this is too late to help....

When I originally bought EPos I imported all of my products (around 2000) from our old Epos system.

Contact Tech support, they have a blank template that you can drop in the information if you already have it in Excel format, this will then create all the tables for you. The beauty of it is, if your prices are including VAT and you need Net you can simply create a new column and format it to create your ex vat prices in one go (ie B1=A1 /1.15 & copy down the column) and create any new fields as necessary in the spreadsheet which is a lot easier than entering it by hand in Epos later.
            Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Thanks for the replys peeps,

In the end I sat and added each product one by one,

Not much fun but all done now, ( I hope! )

Comment

Is it possible to do the import on an existing Epos system?
                Kind regards

Paul Greenslade

Light & Sound Ltd

Comment

there is a beta version that is out there for testing that allows an import of data from a csv file. I had a go and seems to work without issues.
                  Mike
                  www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Working...
                  X