Stock levels NOT transferring to Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks - wonder if anyone else has this problem when using networked PCs.

When I download orders onto my Actinic PC, stock control adjusts no problem. Any products which go out of stock are thus marked and ordering disabled. Obviously customers in the shop cannot then buy products which are sold out and EPOS shows the correct stock amount.

However, when I sell products in the shop (separate till PC linked through our network), stock control on the Actinic PC is not updating automatically unless you click on that item in the Actinic tree!

Obviously you can't do this for every item sold in the shop each day and this catches us out frequently because we may have sold the last of something in the shop a week ago, but then someone can still order it on-line (despite the fact that the website is updated daily). When you go to pick the order, you find stock control on EPOS correctly says -1. Website is still allowing ordering until you click on the product and it then also says -1.

The same thing happens when you book stock in on EPOS. You then have to go up to the Actinic PC and CTRL F through the actinic tree to ensure that the stock is updated - very laborious and ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with our network and it has been checked thoroughly by our IT people - it works perfectly fine Actinic to EPOS. I've checked the settings and nothing obvious.

Help - it's driving us nuts

Hi,

Do you have ‘manage stock in Actinic Epos’ ticked?

Actinic Epos Link\Configuration.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

Yes, this is ticked - the only time the server is switched off on the EPOS PC is when the site is uploading because it takes a month of Sundays to do it with the server on. At all other times (i.e downloading orders, serving shop customers, booking stock in etc), we make sure the server is on and the stock light is green.

Another possible problem is that although this box is ticked, on "Transfer Product Data to Actinic Epos" > transfer data fields, it says that the stock box should be greyed out if we have elected to tick the manage stock in EPOS. It is not greyed out.

This problem has been on-going since day 1 of installing EPOS but we've had so many other problems with this software, it's taken us this long to get round to trying to sort it out. And this is despite paying Actinic to install the thing in the first place, so I don't know if any of this is down to mappings being set up incorrectly either.

The same problem has happened twice again today - on 2 separate orders, customers have ordered stock, the last of which was sold in the shop over a week ago (according to the data on EPOS). Actinic has been uploaded daily since then, but this information has not been passed up to the v8 PC.

We are using Actinic Business v8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA and EPOS v2.92 if this is any help and have no plans to upgrade Actinic to v9.

Thanks for any help offered.

Comment

Hi

Just a suggestion have you ticked each product in Operations\stock levels in Actinic Buisiness as they have to be ticked for actinic to monitor the stock

hope this helps

Steve
        Steven Morgan
        Cosmetics4u
        http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

Everything that should be ticked is ticked. We know the link is working fine from V8 to EPOS. You can download an order - check stock on EPOS - complete order - stock on EPOS changes instantaneously.

You would expect the same to work in reverse when you complete a sale on EPOS or book stock in but this is where the problem lies. If we trusted the software to perform as advertised, our webstore would now be totally out of stock of most things, but still allowing sales on stuff that had sold out.

Actinic have admitted by email that apparently this is a known problem but seem to be reluctant to do much to fix it. We are now in the position of wasting hours every day manually doing what EPOS is still being advertised as doing automatically "to save time".

We have tried and tried to upload a site snapshot to their server (why they require this when it's a "known problem" I don't know) but have had to give up as their server bombs out repeatedly. In the meantime, we have a very busy business to run so just don't have time to keep chasing them.

The irritating thing is we paid Actinic to come and install the software to prevent these kind of problems and have had nothing but trouble with it from day one. If it can work perfectly one way, what's so difficult about getting it to do the same thing in reverse? All we want is the software to perform as advertised and as paid for.

Will try one more time for a resolution by email - can't believe no-one else is having this problem.

Comment

Hello,

Epos links with EC Business and when a product is sold within Epos it does automatically update to EC if you have selected ‘Manage Stock in Actinic Epos’ within the ‘Actinic Epos Link’ \ Configuration tab. You don’t need to click on the item within EC to finish the stock update.

You will need to complete a 'Publish to Web' in order to update the website with the information.

Please click on: Stock Application for information on an application which can auto update EC stock levels to website.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Sorry for revival of this thread, but it seems relevant at this time.

Shaker21 - I'm experiencing a similar problem. The difference is our system won't update even if I click on the product in the content tree.

Maybe you could do me a favour and check your 'on-order' levels for the problem products - it seems possible that the estimated stock in hand figure includes the on-order figure.

Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Do you have an external database linked to ecommerce?

Mark

Comment

mark: No external linking in our database.

Comment

Any update on this? Our system is still registering the product as in-stock online, but its actually not in EPOS (though as i say, one is on order).

Comment

Hi Shaker,

I have exactly the same problem as Shaker in post 1

I thought it was just me and is sending me mad too, lots of work for what should be automatic. Any news on how you got around it or are you still having problems

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                      X