Picco-link problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picco-link problem

Hi everyone, i've been using actinic for sometime now but am new to the forum though i have used it serveral times for reference. I recently invested in a Picco-Link set and well initial thort was "this can really make things alot easier" but there's always a few twists. I first tried using the picco-link in the products section and it worked great done exactly what its supposed to then i thort lets see where else i can use it. When i tried using it with the Stock-in it just wont connect at all i set the Com port to 3 exactly as i do with the product section but still the picco-link just wont connect! any ideas to whats going on and how it can be fixed?? how is it possible that it can connect in one window but not the other?

I have a Piccolink but i find the goods in interface really slow and time consuming.

I don't have an answer as to why your piccolink wont connect, but if you can connect in the stock orders screen you can scan your items and generate an order which you can then receive in your goods in screen.

You'll find it's actually quicker that way.
    Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Hi Neil,
      Thanx for the advice, ill give it ago and post the results up, do you use your picco-link often? hows it working for you?

Comment

Hi Modhvadia,
        I use it regularly, probably every other day for ordering and stocktaking. Works great, I've had it for about 18 months now with no problems other than a set of batteries.
        The screen occasionally goes haywire on mine and displays a garbled mess. If i reset (shift and del) then it carries on working fine, I think it might be some sort of Radio interference?
        Its not as ergonomic as some others I've used (Symbol & Metrologic) but from a functional point of view the software interface is pretty good and allows you to make lots of changes "on the fly", plus for me anyway, the ability to walk round the store and generate my orders saves a huge amount of time.
        I would have ultimately preferred that the Epos would generate a proper suggested order based on sales but frankly its too primitive, and I can generate far more accurate orders myself.
        I bought mine as factory refurb - penmobile.co.uk they also do spares and repairs if you ever get stuck. ( I am not related to them in any way, but their service is fantastic)
        The ability to use a hand held was one of the main reasons I chose Epos in the first place
        Cheers
        Neil

Comment

Sounds good to me, i actually got 4 sets via a 2nd hand buy. Just need to set it up and put it into action having 4 stores means that i really need to streamline the ordering and general stock management which i hope the picco will do for me, just wondering the problem i posted up initially...have you experienced the same problem when using the picco with the Stock-in or is it something to do with my set-up?

Comment

Hi Modhvadia,

sorry for the delay in replying...
            Apart from the issues above, I've not had the connection problems you mention - are you using the current sofware version of Epos? Would seem strange that it works in some screens but not in others, I would assume therefore that the Picco is installed correctly or it wouldn't work at all.
            Try giving Tech Sup a call see if they have had similar problems. I don't think that many people on the board are using piccolinks.

Comment

Picco link crashes access

Hi, im using epos 3.12 LCWA

Im trying to install the picco links

Settings in device manager are:
              rs232
              bits per second : 19200
              Data bits: 8
              Flow control: None
              Parity: None
              Stop bits: 1
              Com: 1

Basically i can sometimes get the piccos to work with Lable printing and Stock in.

but everytime i try to connect the picco to PI counts or Products it crashes MS access.

To connect with ticket printing i follow this process.

Tickets
              Scan
              i click the grey box (nordic id rf6xx)
              i click (Base station connections...)
              i set COM port to 1
              i click (Connect)
              i click OK on scanner
              and my picco link loads in the green box.

When i try the same with the others it crashes. and closes actinic

Any one else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
              X