X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J2 LineDisplay not work

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help!!

My EPOS Line Display has stopped working.. However, I have gone through the existing help pages which talked me through using OPOS 'SetupPOS ver2.00' to fix the problem with the test results coming back saying its working!

The problem is now it is just random characters coming on the display screen..

The only time it looks normal is when the computer boots and the test / spec is displayed on the screen.

I have tried to search for some new drivers which may correct the problem but, everything seems to direct me to OPOS which wont fix the random display of characters.. it just confirms its connected correctly.

It's most frustrating!

Has anyone else had the same problem? if so please share how you fixed it!!

Thank you in advanced!

Alex

www.artyfect.com

J2 LineDisplay not work

Hello Alex,

Please can you check that the Baud Rate is set to 9600 bps within opos\communication settings. It sounds like this may be set to something different.

The display ought to be attached to com port 3 which is the port that sits directly underneath the blue VGA port on the J2

Please can you compare the settings you have to the attached screenshot and let me know if they are the same.

Thanks

Andy
    Attached Files

Comment

J2 Linedisplay not working

Hey Andy,

Thanks for replying, I have checked the settings and the display is plugged in to port 3. All of the info is the same as your screen shot.

Regards,

Alex

Comment

J2 LineDisplay not work

Hello Alex,

If you go to Control Panel\System\Device Manager\Ports COM and LPT expand and double click on Com Port 3 and go to port settings. What is the Baud Rate (Bits Per Second) set as?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

J2 Linedisplay not working

Hey Andy,

The Baud Rate is set to 9600, on com port 3.

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Did you ever get this sorted. Just trying to add one to a J2. According to the OPOS setup, everything is fine and get test display, but that's it.

Comment

J2 LineDisplay not work

Hello

Arty's J2 Display Pole was actually faulty so he ordered a new one.

Have you checked to see if 'Customer Display Active' is ticked from within Setup\Printing.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Checked that, and ticked. Scratching my head here.

Comment

J2 LineDisplay not work

Hi

Have you checked that the LDN for the display in OPOS is unit1

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X