Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Of Stock - Re-Order

Hi everyone,

So I've had Actinic EPOS up and running for a while now.....but apart from using it to keep track of stock so that we can keep the site updated, and using it at the point of sale, that's it!! It certainly looks like it can do a lot more.....though you wouldn't know that from looking at the manual :-) Anyway, thought it would be time to see if we could get a bit more out of it

Is there a way that when a product goes out of stock it will be added to a list for re-ordering?

I know the above is probably a very simple operation so please excuse my ignorance

Cheers
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Out Of Stock - Re-Order

Hello,

• Find the product from within the Product File Menu.

• Enter the ‘Minimum Stock Level’ and ‘Packs to Re-order’ figure – When the products stock level drops to the min stock level figure, the order automatically gets listed in Stock Orders\Select Stock Replenishment. The ‘Packs to Re-order’ figure is the amount you want ordered.

• Now you just need go through the normal process of booking in the stock via the ‘Stock In’ section.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy D View Post
      Hello,

• Find the product from within the Product File Menu.

• Enter the ‘Minimum Stock Level’ and ‘Packs to Re-order’ figure – When the products stock level drops to the min stock level figure, the order automatically gets listed in Stock Orders\Select Stock Replenishment. The ‘Packs to Re-order’ figure is the amount you want ordered.

• Now you just need go through the normal process of booking in the stock via the ‘Stock In’ section.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Cheers for that.....sounds just what I'm after.

Comment

Yep, the above seems to work a treat......thank you for the info Andy, very much appreciated.

Does anyone know if EPOS has the facility to be able to 'Time Stamp' a product? Let me know how long it has taken for a particular product to go out of stock....thus giving me an idea if I should get it in again?

Cheers

Comment

I guess the above is a no then?

Also, I've deleted a number of products by a particular supplier but they are still showing up in the 'Stock Orders' section when the supplier is filtered. I’ve tried ‘Purge All Deletions’ in System Maintenance but I can’t seem to get rid of them

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Comment

Okay, I found the answer in an KB article:

I've deleted some products but they are still showing in the 'Stock Replenishment' screen. How can I get rid of them?

"Check if the deleted products are still in 'Product file | Datasheets'. Remove them from here to get rid of them completely"

So I've deleted them from the 'Products' section, they're now deleted from the 'Datasheets'. I did have a Commodore 64 back in my day maybe I should be booting that up and checking there?

Comment

For about a month now we have been putting in the minimum stock quanity and packs to reorder information but I don't understand/see how this inventory is then placed on 'order'. Is there a white paper/KB article that details how to manage inventory within Actinic and the stock in/out process? Related, I cannot figure out how to place inventory on order manually - that is add an item that might be in stock, not have reached the minimum on hand but we want to place on order for that supplier. Any help would be appreciated.
              Mike
              www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowmike View Post
                For about a month now we have been putting in the minimum stock quanity and packs to reorder information but I don't understand/see how this inventory is then placed on 'order'. Is there a white paper/KB article that details how to manage inventory within Actinic and the stock in/out process? Related, I cannot figure out how to place inventory on order manually - that is add an item that might be in stock, not have reached the minimum on hand but we want to place on order for that supplier. Any help would be appreciated.
                Not sure if this will help but this is what I've been doing.

1) In 'Stock Orders' click on the Headers tab and filter your products by supplier

2) Then move over to the 'Select Stock Replenishment' tab to see a list of that suppliers products that have reached their minimum stock

3) Browse the list and highlight the products that you want to re-order then click the 'Order Items' option just above the list of products

4) You will then get a pop up telling you that the selected items have been added to your orders.

5) Select the 'View Order Details' tab at the top of the page and print out

Not sure if this is what you're after?

Cheers

Comment

Bun, This was what I need exactly. Thanks for replying as this is going to save me a lot of time and aggravation (are these the same sometimes?). I keep missing items and want to get our head around ordering before we start selling online where 'out of stock' isn't as acceptable. Mike
                  Mike
                  www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Working...
                  X