It's just plain buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just plain buggy

I've read through as many of the posts in this forum as I could, looking for a solution or workaround to what is a fairly basic problem with the system: Disappearing records. And while I've seen other people complaining about this, I've seen nothing from the Actinic team about fixing the d*mned problem.

We have over 6,000 stock items in our system. However, several go missing every week. They just disappear. One day you scan the barcode and up pops the product, then next the system tells you it doesn't exist. You can't reenter the product because the system tells you that it already exists. You can't delete it because you can't see it.

I know what the proximate cause is. For some reason, the entry for the product in tblProduct_Branchstock becomes marked for deletion (which is as near to deleted as data in Access gets). Therefore, it is not visible to the query which calls the product details and the query fails.

I've been getting around the problem by creating a new tblProduct_Branchstock record for the product. Once I've done that the product miraculously reappears. Something in the codebase is deleting those tblProduct_Branchstock records under some unknown set of circumstances.

We've reported this error and a couple of others, but nothing has been done about them.

Honestly, guys, isn't it about time you stopped adding new buggy features and went back to basics to fix the existing morass of errors with which Actinic EPOS is riddled? I'm responsible for the data for a large financial organisation and if I let something be released into the live environment which has the level of errors in Actinic, I'd be quite rightly fired. I have the impression that all your developers want to do is to add new gee-whiz features. Well, sorry, that doesn't cut the mustard with me. You should freeze the version you have now and do nothing but repair it until you have worked through the bug list. And you should have a bunch of testers who actually work through the business situations posted here multiple times, with variations, to make absolutely certain that they are fixed.

As it is, the errors we've pointed out over the past 14 months have mostly been ignored. I will pay for application user support, but I won't pay to report bugs in something I've invested quite a lot of money in, particularly when nothing is done about those bugs.

As far as we are concerned, Actinic's EPOS product has been a waste of our hard-earned money and our precious time, and we're now evaluating other EPOS solutions despite the fact that it will cost us more money and time.

We're THAT fed up.

Hello Sandra

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I am having a word with the team to find out of there are any known problems in this area. We will be back in touch shorty.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

This issue has been resolved.

We are currently looking into what may have caused this.

Results found:

• 9 x Barcodes which do not have a product to link to.

• 5 x Product Codes from the branch stocks table that have no linked products in the product table.

• 128 x Product Codes from the branch stocks table that have no linked products in the product table.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X