Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about what I need for EPOS

Hi,

I am confused about what I need to set up an EPOS system in my shop.

I currently have Actinic Business on a desktop pc in the office running the web site. I wish to install an EPOS system with a till, barcode reader, etc in the shop, which is a different room to the office.

When I look at the Actinic EPOS Network software it says that it includeds Actinic EPOS LInk which will synchronise the desktop pc with the till running EPOS.

I rang Actinic and they said I needed two copies of EPOS one for the till set up and one for the desktop pc. What I cant get my head around is why I need this extra software on the desktop pc when Actinic EPOS link will synchonise the stock, orders, etc.

Does anybody have a similar set up? Any advice please

Regards,

Nigel

Did you tell them that you already have business? I had this once when the person on the other end didn't listen to me.
    If you already have business then all you need is the till, the extras you want and EPOS network edition software.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Hi Nigel,

You would need two copies of Actinic epos if you want to have access to the epos from the back office, and the till point. The other option is to run it all from the shop PC, but booking in deliveries on epos and amending your site on one machine at your POS is not ideal if a customers wanders in and wants serving.

It is a very good system when you link Actinic business to Actinic epos. You effectivley have one stock control and supplier re-order system between your site and shop.

Please call me on 08451294800 option 1 to discuss in more detail,

Regards,

Andy Porter
      Actinic

Comment

Working...
      X