Import file - what tables in MSAccess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have upgraded to V3.10 of EPOS. However, I want to edit the data we currently have in EPOS - 3.10 does not have an export feature. We have 3500+ products and there are a lot or errors that need fixed. Can someone tell me what tables in MS Access have the data for the original import file that Actinic used to import our data for us? These seem to be the core files we need to edit and then import (although I am not sure all these can be imported with the import functionality of 3.10).

The fields we supplied Actinic and that I need to find are:
    ProductCode SupplierCode Description BarcodeDescription Long Description PackQnty PackCost Region1 StockLevel SalesTaxCode Category Category1 Category2 Category3 SupplierID BarCodePack Barcode ImagePath AuthorFirst AuthorLast

Lastly, when I don't have the MS disk in the CD drive, and I try to open the MS Access (e.g.) data file under the checkout folder (or any Access file), Access opens but no file. Why do I need to have the disk in the drive for this to work?
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Answered my own question regarding 'exporting' some of the data. If you go to the VIEW screen on the main EPOS screen you can then select the entire database like you would an MS Excel sheet and copy it (CTRL-C) to an MS Excel worksheet.

The data you get from the VIEW screen is:
    Product Code Product Description Pack Quantity Pack Cost Category 0 Category 1 Category 2 Category 3 Supplier's ID Image AllocatedStock Large Image Ticket Text Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4 Region 5 Region 6 Trade Wholesale Online Price
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowmike View Post
      Answered my own question regarding 'exporting' some of the data. If you go to the VIEW screen on the main EPOS screen you can then select the entire database like you would an MS Excel sheet and copy it (CTRL-C) to an MS Excel worksheet.

The data you get from the VIEW screen is:
      Product Code Product Description Pack Quantity Pack Cost Category 0 Category 1 Category 2 Category 3 Supplier's ID Image AllocatedStock Large Image Ticket Text Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4 Region 5 Region 6 Trade Wholesale Online Price
      Hello

Please be aware that any manual change within the Microsoft Access Database Files is a risky process and may cause related errors. Please be sure to back up your data fully before attempting any changes with your live data.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X