Cash Sale button issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Sale button issue

One of our staff deleted item/barcode #1 - we have recreated it. I have followed the comments at this thread but we still cannot get the 'cash' button to work. A red screen comes up and says 'barcode not valid' at the notes section of the sale screen.

I have tried different barcodes but still cannot get it to work. We have another PC that has EPOS and I have made sure the till setting and button options are the same and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? we do have a work around - lookup the product code #1 - and then change the price to what we need. But this is cumbersome. all the other quick sale buttons work as we have indicated.
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

I think I found the reason but it presents another problem. We got another network key to set up another till. I copied the checkout folder to a networked drive and both pc's connect to this. We can see changes in the products we make but for some reason the sales button changes are not being 'picked' up. Seems like whatever file the sales buttons reside is not being networked.

we reverted to a local checkout folder for now.
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Well sadly thats not helped... the left hand menu doesn't appear to be the problem, and I've checked my overall widths of everything, counting their actual width, and any padding and I'm within the maximum width....
      sat test
      GoSeeq
      sat practice test
      lsat

Comment

Cash Sale button issue

Originally posted by glasgowmike View Post
        One of our staff deleted item/barcode #1 - we have recreated it. I have followed the comments at this thread but we still cannot get the 'cash' button to work. A red screen comes up and says 'barcode not valid' at the notes section of the sale screen.

I have tried different barcodes but still cannot get it to work. We have another PC that has EPOS and I have made sure the till setting and button options are the same and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? we do have a work around - lookup the product code #1 - and then change the price to what we need. But this is cumbersome. all the other quick sale buttons work as we have indicated.
        Hi,

To set up a ‘cash button’

*** If you have more than one till, complete the underneath on the Master and then 'Copy Data From Server' on the Slave till. ***

1. Go into the ‘Products’ tab from the main menu and select ‘add’.
        2. Press ‘Code’ and that will generate a new product code (make a note of that code). In ‘Description’ enter ‘CASH’ and that will also fill in the ‘Button txt Field’.
        3. Within the ‘Category Field’ drop down box choose ‘Misc’ within ‘Pack Quantity’ enter 1
        4. ‘Pack Cost’ enter 0.00 and also enter 0.00 for the ‘Sell Price’.
        5. Now press ‘Close’ and ‘Save’ from the Product File Menu.

6. Go to Setup\Options\Sales Buttons.
        7. Scroll down to the next available button space and put a tick in the ‘Active’ box
        8. Keep the Button no as it is, keep the function as Barcode, Description put in as ‘CASH’, Barcode put in the Product File Number that you noted down earlier, Category select as Misc, User Level leave as Sales, adjust the back colour and fore colour as you like. Now Press ‘Close’.
        9. When you now load up the Sales screen you will see it within there on the main menu.
        10. If you have a problem with the button not prompting the price box, try checking the ‘collect price when scanned box’ under product details.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X