help with exporting to ecommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with exporting to ecommerce

hi having some trouble exporting the products from the epos system onto the eccomerce, i have followed the directions and have got as far as the tree starting to form, but its only created the departments that had products in but then the products dont go in, i can copy the errors if it helps

cheers

also is it possible to copy the photos onto the main site at the same time ?

I just did this today so here is what I did.

1. For each product you want to export to ecomm make sure the 'export to EC' option is checked (found in the upper right corner of the product details tab).
    2. Then go to Data ->Export product data to ecommerce
    3. Name and remember the export file location (must be accessible by the Ecomm program - can be done on a USB key or networked drive).
    4. Goto Actinic ecommerce and select File -> Import
    5. Choose hierarchical (EPOS creates a hierarchical file) then Next
    6. Then choose Update (or replace), text comma, and ANSI - the Actinic EPOS export file is text comma and ANSI. Then select Next.
    7. Then Next again - the mapping should happen automatically if Actinc EPOS create the import file.
    8. Next again, name the error file and Finish

The wizard will run and then that should be it. You can then see the tree structure with products you selected from EPOS.

Images need to be in a specific folder and I haven't included here but there is info in the help file. I have done this and it worked (I think Site1, Images folder to be exact).
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Just tried this for the first time and I'm getting the same problems. Can import into Epos o.k., but when I try and go the other way I get every product bar 1 failing due to "an invalid product code could not be imported" and "V4 tax 1 opaque field cantains an invalid value(301=1500=0=)"
      Have checked the 1 product that did import and only difference is it's a VAT exempt product. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Give Actinic a call. I think the issue was really with our tax code settings and Andy was able to resolve this yesterday for us. also make sure you have the latest version of EPOS running (we didn't) as there was a bug in April that a hotfix came out for. Not sure if this was related to our issue but I made sure all our software was updated.
        Mike
        www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Working...
        X