Rounding Errors ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounding Errors ...

We delayed moving to a new software package when Actinic finally got around to releasing 3.10 which included the ability to price to four decimal places. Yay. BUT ...

Why don't you TEST this stuff?

We sell a product by the centimetre for .0695p. A metre is therefore £6.95. 1.5 metres is £10.425. The item cost is (correctly) shown as £10.43 on the receipt line item. But on the screen it is shown as £10.42. The customer tenders £10.42. This is shown on the receipt. However the final price on the receipt, including VAT, is shown as £10.43. So it would appear that the calculation that is shown on the screen rounds DOWN while the calculation for the final price is rounded UP.

So, whenever we sell this type of product, we have a rounding error on the till and on the receipt (twice). And each time we lose 1p AND we look stupid when the customer looks at the till receipt.

This bug tells me three things (as a solutions architect):

1. You have multiple price calculation routines. How stupid is that? Do you live in Spaghettiville?
    2. Your developers (I assume there was more than one involved in this debacle) don't understand the standard Swedish financial rounding process. Or at least one of them doesn't.
    3. Oh, and your testers didn't test. Again. No change there, then.

Thanks, Actinic.

This needs to be fixed and released PRONTO, along with the other errors mentioned in these threads. As I said in the previous thread, STOP and FIX. "Some future release" doesn't get it. Fix and release on a regular basis.

Sandra,

Sorry to hear this has affected you, we are currently reproducing it this end, once I know more I'll post back as this is the first time I have seen it reported

I would like to assure you that we do test our software, but we are unable to test every possible path and every eventuality, this is not just the case with Actinic but all software, unfortunately there will be the odd bug which slips through the net.

Again, sorry for this, once I know more I'll post back
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

We have confirmed that this is a reproducible bug this end and it has been planned for the next release . As of yet I cannot commit to a timescale, but will be straight back in touch when I know more.
      Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X