Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing Aisle/Bin Locations, somewhere, anywhere!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

We want to allocate bin locations for stock to be put away and picked from. I have already found there is a disconnect between EC and EPOS, i.e although the fields exist in EPOS, there is nothing in EC, so we are going to use the Product Description For Packing Lists and Reports field so that bin numbers appear on picking lists.

The problem is this is pointless if you cant tell staff where to put the stock when it comes in! I cant see any way of showing the bin location for a product on the STOCK IN report, and ideally I want the bin number to come up on the price label when we print them.

Has anyone found a way of doing this? I know that you cant customise the price labels within the system, but is it possible to get that done bespoke, in the same way that invoices/packing lists in EC can be tweaked with Crystal reports?

Actinic have put the stock location fields in EPOS so surely they must be accessible in some way, otherwise they are pretty pointless.

Greatful for any suggestions, as we are going to have to consider other options (ie software solutions) if we cant get bin locations visible to those booking stuff in!

Thanks in advance

ScottyDog
    www.edgeandwax.co.uk
    Edge & Wax
    Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Anyone offer any advice, or as I fear are the Actinic EPOS users a very small group?!

ScottyDog
    www.edgeandwax.co.uk
    Edge & Wax
    Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Hello Scott

As you mention, unfortunately the labels will not print this information. You said that you were entering the bin numbers within the product description so that they were appearing on the picking lists. If your doing this then they ought to also show on the Stock In Report under description as well?

I will add to the Actinic EPOS Wish List that a label be introduced to accommodate the Bin information on tickets, like you point out, that would be the best solution for you.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Hello

No we are not entering on the decription, your epos system doesnt allow long descriptions as it is! It is in an additional field in EC.

If this cant be done, then we will just have to migrate to a solution that offers this.

Shame after I have had to invest so much time and money keeping EPOS and EC going

Thanks

ScottyDog

PS - If anyone knows a way round this do let me know.
        www.edgeandwax.co.uk
        Edge & Wax
        Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Working...
        X