Reverted to Trial version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we upgraded to the latest version our software has gone into trial mode.

I was advised via support that this is because the PC is not recognising the Dongle and to remove it and reinstall it, then if that didn't work, to download the Deskey software again.

I have done both of the above 3 times. I have 20 days left to find out what is wrong or what I have done or not done.

Any ideas ?
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Hello Mark

Please could you try installing EPOS on another PC\laptop and plugging the dongle in. If it displays the trial message then you may need a replacement one.

Thanks

Andy.

Comment

Andy

Downloaded to Laptop , but don't seem to have a suitable port to plug the current dongle into ?

Only other computer is a Mac.

Comment

Anyone please ?

Comment

It sounds as if you have cover so I'd recommend you go back to support. Often when a thread is left unresolved it means no one has any more ideas

Comment

Why should we need "cover" to resolve an issue that is entirely Actinics making?

I just feel somewhat agitated that my till / hardware / software was working perfectly well up until 8.05am Saturday April 10th, and had done so since January 2007.

Then through no fault of mine, it stopped working, as did the tills of many.

Actinic offered a "fix" which would appear to of fixed the "tendering" fault, but created numerous others as detailed in this forum.

I have done what Darren sugested, I have responded to messages, but without futher reply I am afraid.

I personally have asked twice what caused the original failure, this too is unanswered, so Jo, applying your thoughts, does this mean nobody knows that either?

Also all three of the issues arising for me since installing "the fix / latest patch", remain without explanation.

Surely this is not too much to ask?

All I want is my pre- April 10th till and system back. Actinic took it away, Actinic should resolve the situation.

Comment

Well having returned the dongle to Actinic, they tell me it is faulty, but nothing to do with the software or upgrade etc.

I just wonder why my till worked perfectly well, and has done for 3 years, then on the morning of Saturday 10th April it is struck down by a "bug" that was nothing to do with me, or anyone who has access top the till.

NO EXPLANATION HAS EVER BEEN GIVEN AS TO WHAT CAUSED IT.

A couple of days later we are "instructed" to upgrade the software to fix it.

Instantly, the till goes to trial mode, data is lost from the sales record, prices do not appear on printed tickets, in fact the till we knew how to work has changed personality.

Actinics response? - "contact your account manager"

Why can you not see that you created this problem?

Bitter and bloody angry ? - you bet.

Comment

Hello Mark,

We've tested your dongle on our systems and it does appear to be faulty. However, we can't find any evidence to suggest it is related to the bug on Sat, 10th April.

I have sent you an email requesting some further information. Could you respond to that with a list of errors you have, with as much information as possible and we'll investigate further.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X