Product code already exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product code already exists

I had a product in EPOS which now seems to have vanished all by itself.

If I search for it by product code, or by some of the text I knew existed within the record nothing appears in the search results box.

I tried to recreate the product but I get a "Product code already exists" error message, and I am unable to proceed.

I have done a search already, and have found other people mentioning the same problem. Suggested solutions seem to be "editing the live database" and "opeining the product file with access". I assume that these are different ways of expressing the same thing.

However, if someone can provide me with simple steps of what I have to do in order to either get my product back, or delete the remnants of my missing product so I am able to recreate it, I'd be most happy.

Many thanks.

This is what works for me. Product File > Data Sheets (this is LIVE and you should only muck about in here with caution).

The cursor should be top left in the ProductCode column - do CTRL+F and enter your product code > Find. This should take you straight to the product if it still exists on the database. Make sure the Active box is ticked (2nd column). You can edit directly on the product line, or delete the whole line and start the product again (close and restart first).

Another thing to check is if the product is has been incorrectly barcoded as this can create merry hell. If you use barcodes, do a normal product lookup and bip (technical term) the barcode and see if anything comes up.

HTH

Helen

Comment

Thanks - now resolved

Hi Helen,

What works for you, works a treat for me too.

Thanks for your clear instructions.

All the best,

Nick.

Comment

Working...
      X