Stock In question/bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock In question/bug

We're using EPOS v.3.11 at our stationery shop and have deliveries from suppliers every day. We don't use Purchase Ordering but do use the Stock In application to receive stock every day.

We're pleased that v.3.11 has addressed the problem of correctly updating cost prices on the product record - well almost!

You see we buy the exact same product from various suppliers depending on who has the best price when we want to buy more stock, so we often show more than one supplier under the Supplier tab in the product record record. However when we book in stock from an alternative supplier (i.e the Supplier that is NOT set as the default Supplier) the updated software automatically amends the cost price of the default supplier, which is clearly unhelpful and wrong. We tried ensuring that the "header" shows the supplier whose goods we're receiving so that the Booking In grid details the supplier correctly but as soon as we press Book In, the cost price ignores the supplier we've chosen and updates the default supplier irrespective.

Am I doing something wrong? Your comments would be appreciated concerning booking in goods as I guess most of us use this part of the EPOS system?

Thanks and kindest regards
    Nick
Working...
X