exporting products on epos solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exporting products on epos solo?

Hi, i need to export my entire product list from actinic solo to a excel file if possble so i can update data (prices etc) i receive updates constantly so i'm trying to find a simple way to do it and in excell it would be straight forward. I have tried various things from other threads but i either don't seem to have the option's in menu or it's greyed out (i.e hierarchical file export- file/ export? not there). Has any one got an easier way to do this? i have not used flat file import update process as when i first added my product's this way i added four wholesalers lists with crossover products (in error i now know!!!) and have spent the last 2 months deleting same products and manually correcting product codes etc. i'm happy with my present stock file and need to be able to work with this...any ideas would be greatly received,

Hi Moogmi,

I use Advanced Query Tool (AQT) at http://www.querytool.com. I've been using it for about 5 years, firstly with an EPOS system called SalesStream, and now with Actinic EPOS and Business, both of which use MS Access databases.

Once you've got the basics of SQL sorted, and found your way around the Actinic EPOS database structure, you can just about do anything with it.

For some suppliers, I can use the LOAD option to take the new price data from an Excel file and update the relevant fields in the Actinic EPOS tables.

If you decide to give it a try, can I suggest that you take a copy of your EPOS databases, and play with the copy.

Cheers,

Dave Jackson
    Motoscope (Northallerton) Ltd

Comment

thanks Dave much appreciated, i will give it a go and re-post back to let others know how i got on,

Comment

right...here we go....does anyone know a simpler way of exporting products from epos solo. i have tried the aqt tool and even though i appreciate the suggestion looks far to complicated (for someone with basic-med computer skills) and costs $180 after trial period. There must be a simpler way of doing this!!!! any other ideas would again be greatly received

Comment

i have had just had a play and if i use the product file in checkout i can open the entire product list in ms access, if i change required information and replace the checkout file in actinic will this work or am i about to enter no mans land!! any pitfall's?

Comment

Working...
          X