Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please!

Hi All

I've been a user for about two years and am quite computer literate and experienced with Actinic, but have a problem which I'm sure you can answer that I just can't work out.

Simply my till is working except that I can't get the Sales screen to accept any barcode. I get an immediate red screen and an invalid barcode message. I also can't see any of my sales buttons.

I have two tills. One is working perfectly. The other, is one that today I've had to replace the PC on. That's the one that isn't allowing barcodes. I've made sure all my network connections (software and hardware) are fine and if I search for a product in the Product file it comes up no problem - I simply can't sell it!

My barcode reader is fine, my cash drawer is fine, my receipt printer is fine. I just have these two niggling issues.

Your urgent help would be appreciated as the queues on my one working till are frustrating my customers and I'm getting more and more embarrassed!

Thanks
    Nick

Hi - Have you tried going into menu on the till that is broken and doing a Copy Data from server - That should fix it
    Steven Morgan
    Cosmetics4u
    http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

scanner fault?

There could be a chance your barcode scanner may be at fault? It may have a 'leading character' which may be processed differently in the products screen than in the sales screen. Open up notepad on the problem till and scan the item barcode - look at the number that appears in notepad - is this the exact same as the barcode on the product/on the system?

Comment

Working...
      X