Integrating Separate EPOS and V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating Separate EPOS and V10

Due to problems with clothing I haven't linked my EPOS and Actinic V10, but have now decided that I should ignore the clothing and link the two.

How can I link existing products in the online and EPOS systems please, is it simply based on product code?

Thanks
    Pete

Product codes should match and stock levels are connected with barcodes matching (I think).

Edited to add:different ways of linking epos to ecommerce or vice versa but this is how I did it.also note if you change a product code in epos I think it may loose all the history associated with the product just for FYI but I may be wrong.
    Make a backup of epos... Actually make two. As you can't afford to screw up the website as thats downtime follow the instructions for transferring products from ecommerce to epos. Bad news it's probably going to screw up your product folders in epos but in the long run it's best to bite the bullet as it's handy to have everything the same in both systems. You can always go into access afterwards and rename. Then you will need to go through the products and make sure haven't created any duplicates. Then do the opposite so that barcodes will be brought into ecommerce. Now backup again on both systems and remember if this docent worrk you can always revert.

The next problem is is importing orders from ecommerce! This is where someone else will need to advise but as long as you have backups you could test. If in s you select import ecommerce orders what happens, does it import all the completed orders to date can't remember if it does but if it does you will have duplicated transactions as presumably theses were added to epos manually, what if you then revert to a saved epos, ecommerce knows it's already sent you the orders so when you try downloading ecommerce orders into epos again there should be no orders. Dont forget when you revert epos or ecommerce to reset order numbers / transaction numbers / z read.

I'm not saying this is the right way to do it it's just how I did it.

TON

Comment

Working...
    X