Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiuser EPOS

Hi,

We purchased a second copy of EPOS. This is installed on a PC on a fast network, and the database being used is the main one on the till computer. The second copy attaches to the files on the till okay, but it is slow as a wet week to operate. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution - can it be made faster?

How is it slow to operate?

One thing you may want to do is set up the machine with the Dbs on it to automatically run the compact routines in the epos | compact folder to help keep the size of the databases to the minimum possible which may help.

Comment

Hi Sandra,

Sorry to hear EPOS network is running slowly for you.

Firstly, please can you run through these tips for improving the performance of EPOS in the Kb article below?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45303

If this doesn't help, please let me know, and I can think of some other ideas.

Paul
      Paul Murphy
      Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Still no improvement - if anything it's worse!

Hi,

We've done everything suggested in your email. Both computers are now running Windows 7 and are talking to each other at 100Mbps. Displaying the Checkout folder on the remote machine is as fast as displaying the local Checkout folder. Actinic connects to the till databases very quickly.

Yet for all that, it's pretty much unusable.

Odd things are happening. For instance, sometimes a product lookup via the Products menu is really fast - at other times you'd have time to take a short holiday before it completes the cycle.

But the strangest thing is that despite having linked, successfully, to all of the databases on the main computer, when you put in a barcode it's clearly still looking at the local database because it's returning a red screen. Doing product lookups from the sales screen return no data. So the Sales screen appears to be still looking at the local database despite the fact that on the till setup connect screen all appears to be network-ready. I've repeatedly disconnected and reconnected to the Data database, but it makes no difference.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Sandra,

I am sorry to hear that didn't help.

But the strangest thing is that despite having linked, successfully, to all of the databases on the main computer, when you put in a barcode it's clearly still looking at the local database because it's returning a red screen. Doing product lookups from the sales screen return no data. So the Sales screen appears to be still looking at the local database despite the fact that on the till setup connect screen all appears to be network-ready.
          This suggests the slave machine / till, has not been updated in a while. On the slave PC, go to Sales | Menu | click "Copy data from server". This will update the machine with all the latest products.

With regards to the ongoing performance issue, I would suggest raising a support ticket so that a member of the team can investigate this issue in detail for you, as the classic fixes don't appear to have helped:

http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/support/

Thanks

Paul
          Paul Murphy
          Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X