Linking EPOS and V11 Ecommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking EPOS and V11 Ecommerce

We explored the possibility of linking our Actinic EPOS and Actinic Ecommerce some time ago but as some products has differing product codes as the two initial set-ups were some years apart. It's often only something minor, a letter suffixing or prefixing a product code eg B54823 and 54823B but it prevents a successful linking of the two databases.

We've grown so much that linking the two really is a must but i'd love some opinion on the best way forward. At this point, with some 8000+ products, i'm thinking that a new ecommerce install would be the way forward but obviously worried about implications with our search engine rankings with pages potentially appearing and disappearing.

Any thoughts?

I didn’t want to read your post without answering but unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions.

Sorry!

I don’t know if this is any use but they link through the barcode as opposed to the product code (I think they do, and its defiantly the barcodes matching for stock control)

Sorry I couldnt help.

Tara

Comment

Peter,

Problem with Actinic is that it uses Product Ref as the primary key rather than an internal ID. i.e, you cannot simply change the product Ref & leave everything else intack. Having moved from stock handling using Excel file to Sage Line50 Stock control & eventually Microsoft RMS ePos system, I always had problems linking with Actinic eCommerce. Eventually scraped eCommerce data & restarted afresh again.

If you do not want to impact the online side due to good page ranking that you have built up, then its best to change the product ref within the ePos backend to bring everything in-line. Alternately, either use the Barcode field to link the products together or create a custom variable within Actinic eCommerce and call it alternate product Ref/ Alias. Then link them together.

regards
      Nilesh

Comment

Hello Peter

I suggest contacting the support team for more advice on this.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I've got both EPOS and Ecommerce support contracts.

Now it's just a toss-up as to which one to phone........

Comment

Working...
          X