Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOS multi-user performance problems.

EPOS multi-user performance problems.

I have recently upgraded to SellerDeck EPOS 3.132 NAIA, and unfortunately I am experiencing some performance issues.

My setup consists of 3 x PC’s and 1 x Epson integrated till. One of the PC’s is running EPOS and Ecommerce software, and this hosts the databases for the other machines.

The problems I am having are:

1) The till drawer can take up to 45 seconds to open.

2) Logging on takes longer than it should. The first user to log on takes anywhere between 10 seconds and a minute, but subsequent users take around 5 minutes to log on.

3) Deleting products takes approximately half an hour, and often returns the error ‘3035 system resource exceeded’

I regularly compact the databases, and I have checked the other things detailed here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45303.

In all other respects my network is fast and reliable.

One thing that did cross my mind is that I had problems with my previous attempted upgrade from 3.11 to 3.12, and I was advised by Actinic support to revert back to 3.11. Unfortunately I cannot remember the nature of the problems I was having, but I was wondering whether what I am experiencing now are database issues.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Point 2, the issues with user logon time, is a bug, EPOS-1125, and this will be fixed for the next release.

Regarding points 1 and 3, it would be useful if you could contact support and send in your databases so we can test and investigate further for you.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X