Token Validation Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Token Validation Failed

I've installed eBay Order Management, got the user token and pasted, then click on "apply".

I then go to Operations > Extensions > eBay Order Management and after a short period, the first line on the display box says "Token validation failed."

Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Have you tried to do it again after that failure?
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes, I've clicked "Authenticate" and got the token key again.
      I've checked the token key in the database is exactly the same as the one issued by eBay.
      I don't know what else I could check.
      Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

UPDATE:

I've tried going through the authentication process again.
        Now, when I go to Operations > Extensions > eBay Order Management, the error message is "Extension is disabled".
        I've gone back into Settings > Extensions > eBay Order Management and surprisingly the "Enabled" checkbox isn't checked! It won't stay checked!
        I had this issue years back when the extension was first released and it was suggested that I un-install and re-install everything again!
        I'm hoping that Sellerdeck have ironed out the teething problems and now it's a simple fix???
        Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Are you using the latest version of the extension, v1.0.3.46770? There was a problem saving configuration data in some earlier extension releases, which may have affected the eBay extension. But it should be fixed that release. You can download it from the Extensions Catalogue tab.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

I've downloaded and installed the version from the Extensions Catalogue tab which gave the options of Modify (?), Repair, or Remove.
            I've tried all 3 options. "Modify" and "Repair" both still result in not being able make the "Enabled" checkbox stay "checked".
            The "Remove" option removes the extension. I'm going to try to re-install it now after a shutdown.
            Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

So, I've reinstalled the eBay Order Management extension and the "Enabled" checkbox reverts back to "unchecked" every time I exit the eBay Order Management configuration screen.

Looking in the ActinicCatalog database > sde_EBay_Setup:
              sExtVersion = 1.0.4 is this right?

Edit:
              I've gone into the ActinicCatalog database > sde_EBay_Setup and changed sEnabled from 0 to 1. This has worked in making the "Enabled" checkbox remain checked (although I daren't try and see if I can change it in the Sellerdeck Desktop application).

In Operations > Extensions > eBay Order Management I still get the error message "Token validation failed". Back to square one!
              Last edited by stuartjrobinson; 11-May-2020, 06:33 PM.
              Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

v1.0.4 doesn't sound right - I don't know where that could have come from.

You could try uninstalling the eBay Extension - v1.0.3 and the older version, if still installed - and deleting all of the tables with names beginning "sde_EBay". Then reinstall v1.0.3 of the Extension and restart Sellerdeck Desktop. The Extension will rebuild the tables from scratch, which should resolve any issues with them.

Note also that if you ticked or unticked 'Run in Test Mode' after Authenticating, you will have to Authenticate again. The User Token is not the same in the two modes. Unfortunately the help does not explain that.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I'll give that a try.
                  Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Working...
                  X