Delivery Countdown Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Countdown Timer

I am looking at using the Delivery Countdown Timer but need to make a small change to it for it to work.

Currently you can set Saturday and Sunday not to be collection days.

I need to add the other days to this, but on a product level, not site level.

For instance we do ship Monday to Friday, but...

John doesn't work Monday, so his work isn't dispatched on a Monday, but all other products are still dispatched.
    Barry doesn't Work Thursday, so his work isn't dispatched on Thursday, but again everything else is.

I am aware that I can add extra delivery days, but then this is making delivery longer for every product, every day of the week.

Any ideas ?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Unfortunately in programming terms I don't think that's actually a "small change". Adding settings for weekdays wouldn't be a major piece of work, but it wouldn't be insignificant. You might be able to make the collection days settable at product level, just by adding 'Product' as a Place of Setting for the variables. But we haven't tested that and I can't guarantee that it would work. That might also require additional coding.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Many thanks Bruce,

I have had a play with it, and of course break it each time.

I think I have found a work around that will remove the code from certain groups of products on certain days.
      Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have managed to get this working fairly well for my needs. Quite impressed with it actually.

Have added extra variables so I can give a different message for different product's depending on how much we want to push them, or to advise quicker delivery if postage is upgraded etc.

Of course with the topical Royal Mail strikes we have different variables to turn the feature off across the site, sections or products when we asses which products would be affected more by strike action so we can turn off the timer.

an example here

https://www.titanjewellery.co.uk/Men...Ring-TA15.html

Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
        X