Adding the component price to the product reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding the component price to the product reference

I have inherited a company's v12 site as their former developer is no longer able to help them. The whole system is highly customised.

Firstly where a product has a component with choices and the price is by choice, the product's reference is three letters and a hyphen, ABC- for example. The chosen compnent's price is then added to the product reference so that when processing the order the product reference that appears on the printed invoice is ABC-050 for a £50 choice.

This arrangement has stopped working and I would really value some pointers on where to look to fix it!

Secondly when the order processing is completed (press complete) a file is exported which can be imported into a separate Access database. Would anyone have any idea about such an arrangement? This file should carry the generated product reference but is not as the price is not being added to the product reference.

Thank you all so much.
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I would have thought the component settings are all set up on the 'Permutations' tab for the component. There's a few different ways this could be done so it's hard to say for sure how this has been done in your case.

Personally, I would have done this using associated products as I like the stock control functionality it gives me but that may not have been relevant for your clients.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike - I will let you know how I get on. I am thinking one of the scripts is altered the render product reference and product reference plus component price. Any bells ringing???
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

I have to admit I wouldn't do anything like that. I would expect sellerdeck to throw a wobbly if you started filling orders with product references that don't actually exist in the database.

Comment

Although is what you're describing not the default behaviour if you just have an attribute with a bunch of choices? Like the Wedding Rings in the default sellerdeck site?

Comment

This arrangement has stopped working
            This could be because of patched Perl scripts (the only way I can see that non-existent Product References could be carried through to the Order).

If so, and they have updated SellerDeck to a new release the Perl scripts will be replaced by clean versions, thus losing the customisations.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I was thinking thay Norman but I do no know which perl script to start looking in!
              Jonathan Chappell
              Website Designer

Comment

According to troubleshooting the only script modification is to orderscript.pl and that is just the change to the order number prefix on line 6484
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer

Comment

Weirdly where the product reference is shown in 'Line Items' the price is being added twice, instead of ABC-050 for £50, it is showing ABC-050050, the numbers are then absent from the invoice and this the exported file.
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

So basically, the product reference in the database is just the ABC- type one.
                    Whatever generates the display in the orders tab adds the price to the 'prodref' at the top of 'Line Iitems' and then it is printed on the invoice when it is prepared. On pressing complete a file is sent to the server which they then import into a separate access database that runs the business.

Where is the script/whatever that generates the order dialogue in the orders tab and what is fired when the complete is pressed?

Thank you

Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer

Comment

Further, although the product reference is only ABC- in the Product table, in the Order Details table the price has been added so there will be several entries, ABC-050, ABC-100 etc etc
                      So the price is being added to the product reference within Sellerdeck, but where to look????
                      Jonathan Chappell
                      Website Designer

Comment

If you see the extra suffix when viewing the Cart then tweaks to ActinicOrder.pm will be present.

To get that info passed to the downloaded Order tweaks will be needed to OrderScript.pl.

If you have a Snapshot of the site from when it was working, you can look for the changes.

I use WinMerge to compare such Perl scripts with the ones in SellerDeck's Original folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SellerDeck 2013\Original).
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just to add my findings into the mix, having viewed the product catalog data, this is definitely not standard SD. The permutations are all 'override' (so no associated products) and yet a derivative of the selected choice is indeed appended to the original product reference and stored in the orderdetail.product reference field. E.g. product "ABC-", with a choice selection of £25, will result in ABC-025 landing in orderdetail.product reference. The functionality is not reproduced when placing a MOTO order so seems certain to be some custom scripting server-side. As per Mike's comment, I can see this leading to all kinds of challenges for onward processing of orders and future upgrades alike.
                          Andy Barrow
                          http://www.codepath.biz
                          T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
                          Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

I am really grateful to everyone for their help. The solution is that there is no mysterious file being exported although this is what the company thought was happening. In fact the office instance of Access was querying the Sellerdeck Access to get the information. Mystery solved. The price was being added to the product reference within Sellerdeck by a piece of script such that in the order detaiks table the reference had been completed For completion, Andy is converting the components to hidden products to give a more robust and reliable solution. Thank you again.
                            Jonathan Chappell
                            Website Designer

Comment

Working...
                            X