Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing site with no old design hangups

HI all

I have been messing with the new beta trying to import an existing site. This site has been upgraded many times as far back as V5 and everytime it gets upgraded it brings a load of crap with it. In my layouts i have alot which are V8. So over the years it has become cluttered and i would like to start with a fresh layout.

So can someone out there tell me how to get a nice clean import. Every time i try i get errors and only some bits come in

your help would be much appreciated

Cheers
    Darren

You would need to export and import the catalog data and not use the snapshot in order to use the new layout with the old products.
    I have a mapping problem with this after adding some fields to use google shopping new requirements.
    Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Thanks Kipper (Great surname by the way)

Its the data exports that wont import not the snapshots, i have never been able to make this work (last five years at least)

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

I would like to start a fresh with regards to upgrading an Actinic v9 site, how do I get a blank site?

I would like to have:
        1. A balnk clean SD2013 site
        2. use Hierarchical File to get the structure and old page names
        3. import the product details via flat or Hierarchical File to get the products
        4. start styling or applying themes to get the look of the site
        5. test
        6. go live

What is the best way to achieve this. For another site I started with site already in Sellerdeck and detailed products, pages etc and started developing from there. It would be nice just to start a fresh, a clean broom so there is nothing left from V9 to cause issue.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Thanks M
        Mash

Comment

I do have a multi-site licence, so I have licence new site however it is not very blank.

As you see from the attachment.

I quite like one with none of these products.

Thanks M
          Attached Files
          Mash

Comment

It would be handy to choose:
            • Create a new site with dummy data
            • Create a new site with no data

The dummy data has been useful on the first site, especially looking at filtering but once you get that, it would be nice to have a clean build.

Thanks M
            Mash

Comment

It was just a thought, will add to wish list.

Thanks M
              Mash

Comment

Working...
              X