Sellerdeck 2013 B2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck 2013 B2B

Before the release of V11 , i pointed out to sellerdeck that not being able to show COMPANY column within the orders screen was a big issue for users who use sellerdeck for B2B , we need to know the company name , username is not that important as our customers are the COMPANIES , not the users.

We were told the suggestion was just too late to make it into V11 , seems it didn't make it into V12 either !!

Your product literature states sellerdeck is ideal for B2B , this doesnt ring true when you miss the opportunity to fix basics...

This was my post pre-V11 to fix this.
    http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=51129

what you're asking for sounds sensible to me.

As a work around, it should be relatively easy to create a simple script change that would swap the company name and the buyer name fields as the order is placed. You could also add 'FAO: ' to the name so that all orders would then appears as:

Company Name
    FAO: User Name
    Address 1
    etc

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Our scenario is :-

We have Company accounts , and each account can have several buyers. So on the screen that lists all the orders , its important for us to see the company that has placed the order , however for traceability the Company wants us to keep track of which buyer placed the order !!!

So cant really just copy the company name into the user fields.

Comment

So cant really just copy the company name into the user fields.
        Hi,

I wasn't suggesting that you just copy the company name into the user fields, but that you swap them over, thereby keeping all the relevant info but having the company name visible in the orders screen.

Another option would be to modify the scripts to add the company name to the user name (could be in brackets if desired).

i.e. You could make the user name appear as:

User name (Company)

or

Company: User Name

etc.

Either way these are just suggestions that might help you with the problem you have.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yeah thanks for the suggestions , really appreciated.

Will ask support if they can modify the script for us !!.

Thanks Again...

Alex

Comment

With those changes you would lose the ability to sort by Company name or User name, depending on which way you do it.

I want to give Gordon in third line support (on whose shoulders would rest changing the script) a Christmas present - and one for you as well as this has had a few field requests.

Therefore I've raised a ticket for this and planned it for the first maintenance release.

Bruce won't be happy but I'll squeeze it in myself.
            Hugh Gibson
            CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Fantastic !!

Thats one small step for sellerdeck , one giant leap for B2B....

Comment

And why oh why are customer account address not sorted alphabetically/numerically yet.

When you create a customer and start adding new delivery addresses these are listed alphabetically/numerically. However, when you are on the MOTO screen and look up the customer account the address are still listed in the order you entered them!!!.

We deal with Boots who use branch numbers and it is a waste of time now as there are now many on the account it makes selecting the correct on a joke. In fact we have stopped bothering the enter new delivery address and have to do manually each time.

I have mentioned this as far back as v9!!

James
                www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
                www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
                www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
                www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
                www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Maybe sellerdeck should start asking for feedback from their paying customers who deal in the B2B sectors.

Comment

When you create a customer and start adding new delivery addresses these are listed alphabetically/numerically. However, when you are on the MOTO screen and look up the customer account the address are still listed in the order you entered them!!!.
                    You can sort the search results using any column by clicking in the column header.

You can sort on post code - would that help to find the right one quickly?

If not, if the "Short Name" of the address was added to the fields, would that solve your problem?
                    Hugh Gibson
                    CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Company Name would be best for us !!

Comment

Okay the issue we have is this.

On the MOTO page you click – Customer Account

Search by postcode and it give one option – great.

Click select and then it brings up the customer account page and here you have to select the invoice address and the delivery address and this is where the problem lies.

These drop down lists and not sorted alphabetically or numerically but by the order the address where entered which make it very difficult to find the right one when the list is about 100 strong now.

Once this is fixed I would then like to know if there is a way to import customer addresses. A lot of the companies we deal with can provide details of all their branches on a CSV file which it would be great to be able to batch import.

Happy New Year all

James
                        www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
                        www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

And a way to suspend an account would be good,

You can't seem to put a customer on hold which mean if a bad payer rings up they can slip through and place a new order,

Happy New Year

James

Comment

Morning James

Thank you for raising these points. Re importing customer addresses, one way to try it at the moment would be to export out the existing accounts, paste the new addresses under the corresponding ones, then import using Replace. This of course would require each address to have a unique name to avoid conflict. Bit drawn out process I am afraid but would still be a better option than manually keying the addresses one by one.

As for the other issues, i.e, sorting customer addresses and preventing a suspended customer order in offline mode, I have raised them to be considered for future releases.
                            Meanwhile they can be suspended from ordering online by using the Status field on the Account / Buyer tabs, in case you havent tried this option yet.
                            Hope this helps.

Regards
                            Krithika Chandrasekar
                            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

The 'suspend' may work on-line but not for MOTO transactions.

Really if an account is suspended then a message should come up saying 'account suspend please rectify before proceeding'

James

Comment

Working...
                              X