Cannot find error (ProgramData)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot find error (ProgramData)

Am getting the following error in Sellerdeck 2013.

The error is on the default out of the box site, and any imports that I do.

Cannot Find
    ...:/ProgramData//SellerDeck%202013/New_Site/PrevierHTML_Administrator/P_Rings.html...
    Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

The error comes up every time I click anything, making the software unusable.

The only think I can see is 2 x // between ProgramData and SellerDeck ie ProgramData//SellerDeck

I have done many a clean install to no avail.

I had this in the Beta, and now product release, any ideas on how to fix?

Kind regards

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Hi Buzby,

Someone else had a similar problem during the beta. There was a solution given here (about halfway down, see Robert Fernando's post):

https://getsatisfaction.com/sellerde...deck_2013_beta

but I have no idea if it worked or not.

hth
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Here's the post referred to (make sure you have backups first and be careful when making changes to the registry):
      Robert Fernando 2 months ago
      Hi Jason,
      The error you posted about can be corrected by modifying the registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SellerDeck\2013\Original\LocalDataRoot

using regedit.

change the \\ in this entry to a \

Alternatively you can reinstall Sellerdeck 2013 and on the page it specifies the select working directory select custom location and replace the \\ with a \ if the listed location has \\

It occurred , because the location of the program data directory returned by windows already contained a \ at the end of it.

Regards
      Robert
      Sellerdeck Support

Comment

Many thanks to both of you for your help.

I tried to change the registry entry but could not find Sellerdeck in the registry.

I then reinstalled removing one of the / from the file structure but still continued to get the error message.

I have now managed to get this working but had to change the Sellerdeck folder in Program Data to be shown and writeable, ie unclick hidden and read only boxes.

This is however very strange as every other folder in Program Data is still Hidden, and read only and all other software works fine.
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Having just had this problem again, and my solution above didn't work this time, I just wanted to post the fix below to stop me hunting in the future for it.

Fix

Hi Jason, sorry to hear about the issues, and thanks for trying SellerDeck

Ok, lets try and track this down, firstly can you give me as much information about your system as possible, version of Windows, 64 bit or 32 etc... any additional virus scanners etc

That error looks like SellerDeck is looking for its temporary files in the wrong location, can you edit the registry and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SellerDeck\2013\Original\LocalDataRoot

That is the path for a 64 bit OS, if it is 32 it will be something like

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SellerDeck\2013\Original\LocalDataRoot

Can you tell me the value for this, it should be something like

C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck 2013 (note there is no slash at the end, this is correct)

If you find one, e.g. C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck 2013\ please change it to C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck 2013

Warning, be very careful in the registry, always worth backing up first.
          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
          X