Gift certificates & Sellerdeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift certificates & Sellerdeck

Hi and a happy new year to the community!

I was wondering if anyone out in Sellerdeck land had come up with a feasible way to implement gift certificates on their website? I know you can create them as a product and then email (or post a physical voucher even) a coupon code to the customer but the problem(s) I see is when it comes to redemption are:

1. A gift certificate should be valid for a certain length of time or until the value is spent (in essence the redeemer may need to use the code several times over a span of time) I can't see how this can work with the one time use coupon codes
    2. The redeemer shouldn't have to pay for shipping (though it should be added into the cost deducted from the balance of the certificate) unless the total value of order creeps over the remaining balance of the certificate - again, the coupon system doesn't appear geared to cope with this, even the 'Free Shipping with coupon code' perl script change wouldn't suffice

Are there any plug-ins that may help with this or could we commission somebody to build one? Or is it totally unfeasible at the moment?

Thanks

Mick

The Pretty Dress Company

Happy new year. Let's hope it's a good one.

Not an answer to your problem as such but more a pointer on how I think it should be done.

Now that Sellerdeck can handle customer accounts it would be helpful to add the ability to add credit to an account for things like gift vouchers, loyalty bonuses, goodwill refunds, etc.

This would also need a decent level of security to prevent false credits and avoid account hijacking.

The advantage would not just be in allowing the use of such credit schemes but also in providing a real user benefit to creating an account. An important part of creating a closer relationship with our customers.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I agree that would be a step in the right direction Mike, but it would need to be automated for gift certificate redemption somehow - needs to be easy for the customer to apply a certificate to an account.
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Would be a great addition !!

Comment

Working...
        X