Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Spaces at sides of main content area

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with the sidebars in our site (http://onlyrugged.com/) .

As you can see, white bars take up around a third of the usable space for our site!
    Is there anyway of removing these or at least making the site fit the whole page at supported aspect ratios/pixel densities? the current layout is fine on a 4:3 site, but most modern screens are closer to 16:9.

I've tried changing site width through design wizard, through site options, through the CSS file, through Outer Layout code, etc etc.

Thanks
    Need Barcode Scanners or Barcode Label Printers?
    Handheld or vehicle mount computers?
    Visit OnlyRugged - Part of the Renovotec Group.

Hi there,

You should be able to change the width of the site under Settings > Site Options > General > Site section

There is width of webpage in pixels, change that and width for main area will need to increase.

Fingers crossed this will do the trick.

Thanks M
    Mash

Comment

Did this fix the issue

The post seemed to be about the shape of the webpage, the replies seem to focus on removing the actual sidebars and the website still has the same problem and so did this resolve the issue or create worse problems?

I have similar issue that my website is the same narrow site with much wasted space. I have been told that the website needs to look like this to cater for mobile devices, but I would prefer to optimize the website view for computer users and so do not care that it may not sized relevant for mobiles. How can I remove these un-used white spaces?

Website address - www.formyoffice.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X