Right Side Bar drops to bottom of page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Side Bar drops to bottom of page?

I'm well truly stumped, and would really appreciate any pointers - I'm part way through creating a new website in Sellerdeck 2013 http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ac...est/index.html. I'm using the elegance theme, Norman's accordion menu and everything looks fine in preview which is unusual enough!) and no coding errors show up.

The problem is that when I upload the test site the right sidebar drops down to the very bottom of the page when I view it with Internet Explorer 8 and 9 and it looks as if the left side bar forces the rest of the page across to the right.

The thing is - the website shows correctly in Chrome, on a Windows mobile, and on an android mobile, so i'm not sure what the problem is. I've also used Browserstack as an emulator running Windows Internet explorer and it shows correctly there too.

Does IE read web pages differently to the other browsers and that's why it's not showing correctly because i've got some extra code somewhere that the other browsers ignore?

Any help appreciated please!

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I thought I would let you know that your site displays perfectly for me using Internet Explorer 9

Are you running any add-ons in your own browser?

Comment

Thanks Paul - think you've helped me solve it. I had a look and no add-ons, I did however click the 'compatability view' and that then shows the side bar back in the right place.

So I wonder does this then mean that sellerdeck 2013 isn't optimised for IE9 and my customers are likely to see the 'incompatible' version ?

Comment

Originally posted by James_S View Post
        I did however click the 'compatability view' and that then shows the side bar back in the right place.
        Just to follow this up James, I can confirm that I do have 'Compatibility View' switched on in IE9, hence the probable reason why your site displays OK in my browser

Comment

Working...
        X