Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer email format

Hi,

I have been looking at the test emails and formatting which is coming through.

Current example:

<p>Dear Mr Xxxx Xxxxxxx,
    <p>
    <p>We have received and are processing the following order
    at Xxxxxxx.
    <p>
    <p>Order Number: XX15TR10000004
    <p>Order Date: 4 February 2013yy 14:58 GMT
    <p>
    <p>Ship To:
    <p>Mr Xxxx Xxxxxxx
    As you can see some odd formatting happening with "<p>" at the beginning and "yy" after date 2013.

Any thoughts on where this is coming from. I have made no changes to the layout?

Thanks M
    Mash

Hi Mash,

Just to confirm im seeing similar formatting errors as well. Odd spacing, code comming through, different font used on a line. An error on 2 out of every 3 emails and even though the line should be identical on each email (for example the shipping price) it can be correct on one email and incorrect on another.

Below are example pasted from different email that were received into outlook

Including VAT< /b> €9.08

Shipping €5 6;99 (Should read €5.99)

B11-50PI-S Bright Pink Candy ;Stripe Paper Bags 5" x 7" 100 Pack 1
    €4.99 €4.99 (the; before the word Sripe)

PSLPK Light Pink Striped Paper Straws 25pk 2< /td>
    €4.50 €9.00 (< /td>)

Tara

Comment

I have had only a few emails sent, at the moment I think the data is right by the look of things, it is the formatting mostly but As I said I have only had a couple received.

It looks like half a text based email with html kicking about.

As I said I have not done anything relating to it.

Thanks M
      Mash

Comment

Good morning, just to update this question, I spoke to support regarding this issue, they pointed to a KB article > SellerDeck 2013: Changing the email format.

Sadly I am still not getting it right, I thought I solved it, but..
        • OrderReceivedHTMLInnerLayout > Order Received HTML Inner Layout
        • OrderReceivedInnerLayout > Order Received Text only
        • OrderEmailLayout > HTML Email Layout

There are less outers than inners, all missed up. I have changed the OrderEmailLayout to have Order Received Email and Order Received HTML Email which hopefully will be correct and I will test now.

I am assuming that Inner should have a single layout, where as the other should have 2 layouts.

It would be handy in the KB mentioned above all the correct inners and outers listed.

Just feels a bit like that cricket tea towel
        You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
        Thanks M
        Mash

Comment

Hi Mash and Ton

Did you get anywhere with this?

I have the same problem with HTML emails. They are arriving with the occasional ";" or "&nbs p;" inserted in the order lines, throwing the column alignment out.

The order detail is in a monospaced font so that non-breaking spaces ( &nbsp; ) can be used to create aligned columns, but it looks like some of the &nbsp;'s are getting broken somewhere (ironically) so we are seeing orphaned bits of them that aren't recognised as HTML coding.

Cheers
          John Ennals
          www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Hi John,

We are still have some issues, I have two sites and noticed that for some reason one was better than they other as in layouts etc.

So with discussion with support, they were unsure why that was the case, however, I exported the layouts Design > Export Specific Design elements > follow the screen info, when you can select from the list email details and you can then import this to sort the information.

If you have a signal site, make another and take a look at the layouts (inner and outer), if they were sorted, export them and then important to your original site.

That would sort out the layouts, we still get the odd rogue character which is a pain, not sure what is course that. We may swap back to text base layouts as there is no way (to our knowledge) to see html messages, so if you want to amend them or just add a message it makes it a bit more difficult. Which is a shame as the html does look better.

If you can't generate a new site, I could upload my exported snapshot containing the layouts if that helps?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks M
            Mash

Comment

No luck at my end either, in fact my reason for loggon on today was to find out how to switch back to the text based format. It looks very poor when you have these random coding glitches I have also found a huge amount of customers are not getting the html emails. So back to text for me!

Not very happy about this at all.

Tara

Comment

We are switching back to text which is a shame, it was covered in the webinar this week, so if you email sales they should be able to show how to switch.

Let us know who you get on.

Thanks M
                Mash

Comment

Before I put in a ticket, anyone know how to swtich back to text format emails?

Tara

Comment

Hi all,

I've attached a screenshot of an HTML email as received, showing the spurious characters that are appearing. I'm using 'HTML Email Layout' and 'Order Received HTML Inner Layout'. When I preview the email in the Mail tab, the raw HTML looks fine. I am guessing the problem is being created by the sending program (Perl script?) or by my hosting company's (1&1) email server.

For clarity, I am testing SD 2013 on 30 day evaluation - my live site is V10. The email shows demo data.

John
                    Attached Files
                    John Ennals
                    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Did anyone get a solution to this? I'm getting random "&nbs! p" among other characters appearing.

if i didn't need to put a HTML link into our shipped email I'd switch back to text ones

Comment

Found the reasoning behind it, the email server is forcing a line break somewhere around 900-1024 characters which breaks the html in places causing the errors.

SOOOoooo my next question is how to fix the problem?

Comment

mystery characters and formatting in HTML

Hi

I am getting 1 in 4 order confirmation emails with mystery characters and in some cases whole formatting lines wrong. (please see attached images - I annotated them to show each error)

If the mail is viewed in outlook (in both chrome and explorer browser) you see the errors and if the mail is forwarded the error stays. However if it is looked at in the Outlook application (part of office 2010) it format ok and if forwarded from this account to outlook or yahoo browser based email programs the email stays broadly formatted correctly (some extra blank lines do get inserted)

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a fix for the problem from SellerDeck (or other source).

Many thanks

Tony
                          Attached Files
                          Tony
                          www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X