X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering running at snails pace!

We are experimenting with the filtering option, here is a link to the page:

Flooring Sales Filtering Page

So it's working ok.. until you try to select a thickness! Then it seems to crash.. any ideas why?!

- Suzy
    Flooring Sales Ltd
    Flooring Sales Ltd - Wood and Laminate Flooring Company
    Hadlow Flooring
    Herga Flooring

I can't get the page to load properly on Firefox at all. It crashes out and returns to this thread. CSS missing?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You can't link to a cgi-bin based page from the Community. Best show us a plain HTML page and tell us what to do from there.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Of course! Didn't even look at the url in the address bar - thanks Norman
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Have updated the link! www.flooringsales.co.uk/acatalog/Floor-Finder.html

*update: the filter is now sh!@#ng itself regardless of what is selected!

- Suzy
          Flooring Sales Ltd
          Hadlow Flooring
          Herga Flooring

Comment

Firefox shows a JavaScript syntax error as soon a the page is loaded and again when a filter check-box is selected:

Error: SyntaxError: parseJSON
            Source File: http://www.flooringsales.co.uk/acata....js?DAYNO=MNGA
            Line: 385

No idea why, unfortunately. And going out now so unable to look further.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I had this issue a little while back (all my posts seem to start with the same statement but its because its only when I see a post that I can help with that I answer).

Back to the issue.

I have a section called ribbons, with lots of subsections, satin, organza etc. etc. For my ribbon section filtering is not the default view so when you entered the ribbon section the subsections appear as normal and the filter options appear as well but there was not product count next to each filter option. Then when you selected an option that thing went around in circles. (exactly like yours).

My solution. I applied the sample filter to each subsection and uploaded the store. I then checked in each subsection to see did it work and it did except for one section!

To test the theory I moved the offending section to a different part of the store, applied the filter to the overall ribbon section and uploaded and it worked. Therefor the fault was coming from moved section. On closer inspection of the properties tab I noticed that it was missing a few of the properties needed for the filter I was using. For me as it was about 16 products the quickest thing to do as the copy and paste a product for the working ribbon section (that way I knew all the properties would be present) and use this as a template and basically put the products in again from scratch and it worked.

I would like to point out however that sometime when I check the ribbon department on my site not all filtered options show, its missing a few. I have to upload the site again (I mention this as I think there might be a potential issue here and would love to hear if anyone experiences the same problem.)

Even if as a starting point if you individually apply the filger to the sub sections you may be able to narrow down the offending section.

Tara

Comment

Still no joy - we've tried narrowing it down to one section, and one filter.. still getting the spinning circle of doom!

- Suzy
                Flooring Sales Ltd
                Hadlow Flooring
                Herga Flooring

Comment

Hello Paul

If not already done so, suggest contacting the support team so someone can take a look at the problem for you.

Regards
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I did mention this to them.. they referred me to this thread.. SellerDeck 2013: Product Filtering

- Suzy
                    Flooring Sales Ltd
                    Hadlow Flooring
                    Herga Flooring

Comment

Apologies for that Suzy. Does support already have your site snapshot that can help us replicate this problem?

Regards
                      Krithika Chandrasekar
                      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Yeah, they have one from friday for other problems we've been having, will give them a ring tomorrow!

- Suzy
                        Flooring Sales Ltd
                        Hadlow Flooring
                        Herga Flooring

Comment

When I opened the page in Chrome developer tools I saw an error related to the AJAX request being to http://flooringsales.co.uk but the request coming from http://www.flooringsales.co.uk:
                          XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://flooringsales.co.uk/cgi-bin/.....
                          Origin http://www.flooringsales.co.uk is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

In other words the browser is preventing an XSS (cross-site scripting) call - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting for more information.

Look at your network settings and ensure that the URL of the cgi-bin folder has the same server name as the URL of the website.
                          Hugh Gibson
                          CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Thanks Hugh, Sellerdeck did get back to me with the same solution and it worked!

- Suzy
                            Flooring Sales Ltd
                            Hadlow Flooring
                            Herga Flooring

Comment

Sellerdeck did get back to me with the same solution and it worked!
                              That's because I fielded the Support ticket as well

Glad to hear it's working now.
                              Hugh Gibson
                              CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Working...
                              X